Search results

1. D

Anyone else have a can that is mounted by a barrel nut mount? How is your accuracy?

shoots great 3 inch groups at 25 yards
  2. D

Anyone else have a can that is mounted by a barrel nut mount? How is your accuracy?

I have a Bowers CAC9 with the barrel nut mount, and I know a guy who has a can from a different manufacturer with a similar mount. I get mixed results with mine, the accuracy varies a lot from OK to horrible. The other guy just gets horrible accuracy. I kind of suspect that the alignment of...
  3. D

Uzi Pro Mags

I forgot all about the UZI PRO. It's kind of awkward looking.
  4. D

Uzi Extractor

You know that round thing inside your car? It's called a "steering wheel." If you turn it, your car changes direction of travel. No kidding, I wouldn't lie to you. Mods, fear not, we are done here.
  5. D

Uzi Extractor

It would be a waste of your time. We're talking about decades here. If you stuck a new extractor into your bolt, you wouldn't probably see any noteworthy reduction in function for 30 years. Mechanisms are designed to account for the 10% or 15% reduction in spring force that occurs during...
  6. D

Uzi Extractor

I realize that the extractor force is not going to conform to f=kx. But it is a spring in all respects, is it not?
  7. D

Uzi Extractor

Structural and mechanical engineers are experts (hopefully) in a field of study called "mechanics of solids." That's the main applied physics that we use to do our job. That science was pretty sophisticated a long time ago. This conversation we're having could have been had 200 years ago...
  8. D

Uzi Extractor

Of course we're overthinking it. That's what we do. Usually these things are more clear-cut: when you prestress a beam, the concrete beam shortens over time. That’s creep. At the same time, the force in the strands is reduced, independent of the concrete creep. That’s stress relaxation...
  9. D

UZI machined feed ramp installation

you can readily buy a solid steel milled feed ramp that replaces the lame mil-spec sheet metal ramp. pretty straightforward to weld it in that's all the fabrication you need what other "modification" is there?
  10. D

Uzi Pro Mags

considering that the original IMI mags are basically the best mags ever made, what's the appeal? serious question
  11. D

UZI machined feed ramp installation

I have the machined feed ramp and I didn't notice it helping to feed bullets all that much. What really makes a big difference is throating the chamber a little. BIG difference. On my gun anyway.
  12. D

Uzi Extractor

I'm not measuring phalluses, I was just making it known that the subject is not completely alien to me. Nor did I think you were attacking me. Nor am I playing the hero of engineering. Being proved wrong doesn't bother me. And I always give credit where it's due. After all, why not? Why...
  13. D

Uzi Extractor

I am capable of a superhuman feat: I can discuss engineering topics without getting touchy, and admit that I'm wrong when the occasion arises. I'm referred to by the Guinness Book of World Records as "The Astonishing Miracle Man, An Amazingly Impossible Being."
  14. D

What would be the easiest way to make a dummy display receiver?

Looks like I posted the above to the wrong thread. Ain't I the clever one.
  15. D

Uzi Extractor

It's irrelevant, since I've been told by countless gun guys that spring deformation under load isn't real. Also, spray automatic transmission fluid on your gun stock. Or any other random chemical you can think of. Don't use actual wood finishing products on your gun stock. Wood finishing has...
  16. D

Uzi Extractor

I'm a structural engineer with a master's degree in civil engineering. Let me think on this for a tad. Here we have a spring (UZI extractor) that's left in its little hidey hole in the bolt for a decade or two. If it exerts less sideways force on the 9mm case than it did originally, that...
  17. D

Did anyone have unfinished BWE orders?

If the family is still in business selling parts, then I would ask for the parts your ordered or your money back. If they are permanently closed, you can kiss that money goodbye, you'll never see it again. It's guaranteed that a certain percent of your life will be a big fat stupid waste of...
  18. D

Bolt wear a problem or not

I tried using grease in my UZI just for the heck of it, and I thought it was awful. It didn't improve performance in any way and it just picked up a lot of grit. The nice thing about using Mobil 1 is that if the gun gets hot the oil doesn't start to bake and gum up, which can happen with...
  19. D

What would be the easiest way to make a dummy display receiver?

My dad was in the Army Security Agency in the 1950s. He was assigned to a compound in Berlin. He said that you could buy a Grease Gun SMG at the PX for $3. He said that he always did this because he didn't want to have to clean his Garand. So he just kept buying new greasers for $3 when...
  20. D

Uzi Extractor

A lot of guys in the gun fraternity will tell you that spring creep isn't a thing. Every textbook about material science on earth will tell you it IS a thing, however. Spring creep and wood finishing are the two twilight zones of the gun world. The only extractor I had to replace lost it's...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter