Search results

1. L

22 caliber Sterlings

Anyone know what Pietta never came to market with their MK-85 .22 mini Sterling they brought to the SHOT show about 2010? Looked like a clone of the Foote model.
  2. L

Churchillls Sterling

More about Churchill’s various guns.. https://www.thefield.co.uk/shooting/churchills-guns-the-personal-armoury-of-sir-winston-churchill-44492
  3. L

"The Guns of Dagenham" by Skennerton... Any available?

That’s great news! I had not heard. I was corresponding with him on Milsurps back in 2016 about his Bren book and frustration that some of the manuscript materials that got lost in the care of others in the US. Hopefully that book will be finished and coming soon. I expect it will be the...
  4. L

Churchillls Sterling

Odd that they published that picture of the SW blaster mirror image reversed.
  5. L

"The Guns of Dagenham" by Skennerton... Any available?

I don’t think Peter has finished his time behind bars and was not able to contribute to the book... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7732907/Former-armourer-72-jailed-three-years-stealing-sniper-rifles-machine-guns.html
  6. L

Royal Armouries Sterling Experimental video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ehC2rN8zszQ
  7. L

Sterling Bolt Action 7.62mm Sniper Rifle

Here is the online listing from the Royal Armories https://collections.royalarmouries.org/object/rac-object-278019.html Object Title - Centrefire bolt action magazine sniper rifle - Sterling, experimental Object Number- PR.7768 Provenance - Gifted with the Pattern Room by the Ministry of...
  8. L

The only photo on pg. 260 is at the far end of the firing line. Malaysia ~1981. Any other photos or reference to this mystery rifle exist anywhere? Did any end up in the LEEDS armory or other reference collection after Sterling closed up shop? I wonder if an E-Mail to Mr. Edmiston would...
  9. L

If it helps, I believe this was just a conversion kit for Lee Enfields to 7.62mm and not a whole rifle. From another source... See a reproduction of the parts layout from the Sterling 7.62 brochure on page 40 of Ian Skennerton’s S.A.I.S. No 18 " 7.62mm L42A1 SNIPER, L39A1, 2A & LEE-ENFIELD...
  10. L

New Sterling Book! "A History of the Small Arms made by the Sterling Armament Co..."

RR I ordered direct from Pen and Sword. Pre-Ordered July 11 with the expectation publishing was ~ late September. Received a Royal Mail posted letter a week or two back saying it was in back ordered, not in print or something like that. Then the package arrived today. Did not receive an...
  11. L

New Sterling Book! "A History of the Small Arms made by the Sterling Armament Co..."

All, My copy arrived from the UK today! Have not dug in to read it all but some initial impressions: - Book is VERY similar to GoD (Guns of Dagenham) book but thicker and has more pages - Most of the content outwardly appears to be like GoD including many of the same drawings and pictures...
  12. L

Just got this in my inbox... hopefully my pre order will be shipping soon. "Just released: This title has now been published We are delighted to inform you that the following title, in which you have previously expressed an interest, has now been published and is available to order via...
  13. L

It’s not all about money. There are two considerations you did not mention... One advantage to UK order is timing. Publisher in UK is releasing (Sept 30) about 5 weeks before Amazon says they will have it available (Nov 2). Even with air mail postage delay of about a week, this should still...
  14. L

New Sterling Book! "A History of the Small Arms made by the Sterling Armament Co..." Anyone heard about this book? Amazon taking pre-orders for release Oct 19th this year. Publisher says releasing Sept 30. The three greats of Sterling Arms literature as authors (Laidler, Howroyd, Edmiston)...
  15. L

The original factory folder is coming back...

For those waiting to buy, looks like orders are now being accepted at $279 with shipping in 4-6 weeks. https://www.samson-mfg.com/a-tm-folding-stock-for-the-ruger-mini-14.html
  16. L

Any clues as to what this may have been for....?

On thinking about it... if it was actually made by Sterling, the brass plate would be the logo with the box around it. If it was military, I would expect it would have the military designation like L34A1 or NATO number not 'Sterling'
  17. L

Any clues as to what this may have been for....?

If it is Sterling, I think it would have to be for a Mark 7 pistol and accessories.
  18. L

Royal Armory collection online

I had not checked in a while but happened to notice the Royal Armories has been making efforts to put their great collection online complete with nice very high quality pictures. Some good time wasting to be had for those ‘into such things’. Here is what comes up for searching ‘Sterling’...
  19. L

Copy of "The Sterling Years" for sale now on eBay

.. book is also available new as paperback on Amazon for $11.29 https://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Years-Small-Arms-Men/dp/1848844379/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1578527601&sr=8-2
  20. L

Churchill presentation Lanchester SMG - Imperial War Museum

Neat, thanks for sharing. Reminds me how each trip to the Imperial War Museum in London in over the last 20 years, they seem to have less and less interesting firearms displayed than the last trip.... I was there in July and this specimen was definitely NOT on display - probably hidden away in...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter