Search results

1. M

Alternative charging handle options

I really don't have the time or energy right now. Besides a dremel you can also use a cutoff wheel or a bench grinder. It's only like 3/8" or less that needs to come off it.
  2. M

Seems about the same.
  3. M

The best place I've found for SCAR parts is Midwest Gun Works. Tons of parts, well presented, can purchase online. http://www.midwestgunworks.com
  4. M

No, just bought it for this purpose and don't have any extras, sorry. Right now TangoDown says they are out of stock but this one I found one by posting on another forum and found a guy who had one willing to sell.
  5. M

FN SCAR charging handles can be adapted very easily for the FNC by chopping off the end. I like the TangoDown because it is angled and allows more clearance from the optic. Here are some examples:
  6. M

Vulcan Imports FNC Parts and Price list

Parts came today Tony, perfect and very fast; many thanks!
  7. M

B&T FNC railed forend install problems

Yes, be aware that the handguard from B&T via Gun Factory is the "European Spec" (for lack of a better term) and does not line up with my old Howco gas block pin. It wasn't an issue for me because I had decided to machine a new gas block anyway as the factory one was kind of beat up (adilade...
  8. M

I have successfully acquired a new B&T handguard from a distributor in Switzerland. A very nice gentleman saw my WTB post on Sturmgewehr and told me that he had heard of people having success ordering Sig parts from a dealer in Switzerland who also is a registered distributor for B&T stuff. So...
  9. M

I have waited over a year for one from DSArms; I doubt they'll even call me to let me know. Thanks for posting that. I am currently talking to a fellow in Switzerland to see if he can get me a rail; I will keep you posted on how this works out.
  10. M

Pics of FNC

Someone posted awhile back about a B&T quad rail that wouldn't fit correctly, not sure if you're encountering a similar situation. Can you take some pics of the problem? This is the thread I am referring to, not sure if it applies to your situation though...
  11. M

Opinions on AAC muzzle brake?

I know; I am asking for a comparison between the PWS brake and the AAC brake (not the flash hider and not the Brakeout). This: http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=627#pid=728
  12. M

Opinions on AAC muzzle brake?

I moved the PWS brake from my SCAR to the FNC and am amazed at how well it controls muzzle rise compared to the AAC flash hider I had on it. I want to have that same benefit, but also be able to occasionally mount my M4-2000, so I am thinking about putting an AAC brake on it instead. Does...
  13. M

Looking for B&T Quad Rail

I have been trying to get a B&T quad rail from DSArms for about a year. The last update I received last week was that they have been having trouble with shipments from B&T and they still have no ETA. In the meantime, does anyone either have one for sale, or know of any other...
  14. M

FAL handguards on FNC.

I picked up a used UTG cheap to try and it looks reasonable until you try to fit the top cover onto the rail. The internal dimensions of the top do not allow enough clearance for the gas cylinder along its entire length and there doesn't seem to be enough material there to mill it out to let it...
  15. M

MY FNC

The lines of the fixed stock always looked odd to me, but I really like the handguard on there; very sleek.
  16. M

Opinions on Acog

I looked through some at a shop awhile back and thought the reticles seemed too busy for my taste. But then later I bought a TA31RCO from a friend at a great deal and love it. I don't run it on my FNC (Eotech there), but I do have it on an FN SCAR 16s and it is amazing. Clarity and brightness...
  17. M

Current production Pmags work great in FNC.

I bought 2 lancers just to try them out and really like them. They fit and function flawlessly so far and I plan to get more.
  18. M

Case Head Separation

Remanufactured in LC brass. In that intact spent casing in the picture you can see a ring where failure is imminent so I think some in this lot may have exceeded their life expectancy. I suppose it's also possible a few were not sized correctly during loading causing them to stretch to the...
  19. M

Case Head Separation

Georgia Arms 55gr FMJ
  20. M

Case Head Separation

Had a case head separate at the range the other day in the FNC resulting in an easily cleared jam. Appears to be the ammo as the first thing I did when I got home was check the headspace on the FNC which is fine; then back to feed it again (different ammo though). I love this rifle.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter