Full size Uzi Suppressor recommendations.

rlairdm60

I've had a Gemtech Mossad II since 2017. I have several thousand rounds through it. Works great and just replaces the barrel nut so you dont need an adapter. The downside is, you cant use it on any other guns, and you cant take it apart to clean it. I bought a Liberty Mystic X and a Liberty Cosmic nad am happy with both. You can take them apart to clean and they are multi caliber.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I've had a Gemtech Mossad II since 2017. I have several thousand rounds through it. Works great and just replaces the barrel nut so you dont need an adapter. The downside is, you cant use it on any other guns, and you cant take it apart to clean it. I bought a Liberty Mystic X and a Liberty Cosmic nad am happy with both. You can take them apart to clean and they are multi caliber.
I have the original Mystic and very displeased with how difficult it is to take apart to clean even as low as 1K rounds of FMJ, no lead. The monocore design they use has no shielding to prevent build up between the core and tube. If they did like the Silencerco Sparrow it would have prevented that. I had my Mystic cut down and re-cored to something else.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I have the original Mystic and very displeased with how difficult it is to take apart to clean even as low as 1K rounds of FMJ, no lead. The monocore design they use has no shielding to prevent build up between the core and tube. If they did like the Silencerco Sparrow it would have prevented that. I had my Mystic cut down and re-cored to something else.
I agree.
I usually beat one end against a tree stump and then loosen the lock nut and keep beating it. Also, I’ve used a wooden dowel against the blast baffle with a hammer. I’ve hit it so hard that I’ve stripped some threads off the lock nut. Somehow, it still works but it’s kinda pos design.
I’ve tried anti seize on the inside of the tube but doesn’t seem to help much.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I agree.
I usually beat one end against a tree stump and then loosen the lock nut and keep beating it. Also, I’ve used a wooden dowel against the blast baffle with a hammer. I’ve hit it so hard that I’ve stripped some threads off the lock nut. Somehow, it still works but it’s kinda pos design.
I’ve tried anti seize on the inside of the tube but doesn’t seem to help much.
I was so pissed off with mine, this is what it looks like now:
CT_Mystic-3.jpg

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
Finally I acquired a YHM R9 to which I fitted the 3 lug attachment. I found the length and diameter what I consider to be in the "Goldilocks" range (short, but not too short, not fat and not too thin) and the specs and price on the R9 made it an easy choice. It's by far the easiest to use and best looking can for the UZI, IMO.
So TLDR: My recommendation for a UZI suppressor would be the YHM R9
Concur. Love my R9 setup.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
I've never been a big monocore fan, but without shielding they can turn into a nightmare. I have had good success painting a healthy coating of Frog Lube paste on the baffles and all interior surfaces of a suppressor. It's largely carnauba wax with some fragrance and a few other ingredients. The first few mags will smoke fairly heavily, however it will maintain a greasy film on the internals that makes it somewhat easier to disassemble and clean suppressors .

I really just hate the use of Aluminum in Suppressors as it really limits cleaning options. The other problem is that Aluminum is more porous than stainless steel ( say 316 or 17-4), so carbon and spall deposition can adhere to Al ( even galvanized) more readily than its counterparts.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I really just hate the use of Aluminum in Suppressors as it really limits cleaning options. The other problem is that Aluminum is more porous than stainless steel ( say 316 or 17-4), so carbon and spall deposition can adhere to Al ( even galvanized) more readily than its counterparts.
+1. I don't like Al in cans either but in some scenarios I have worked around it like below:
The outer tube on the MK9K (and now shortened to be a CT9KS below) is aluminum but with that .005" shim stock, it never needs cleaning now. The front and rear end caps of this one are also aluminum but I can just knock the large chunks off. The core is all stainless steel. I also have an old school MK9K Bixler 3 lug mount that is also all aluminum and it seems OK for that purpose. The Bixler mounts don't get clogged up like thE typical push / turn 3 lug mounts do.
CT9KS-ShimStock1-1024x872.png

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter