Recent content by root

1. root

Anyone use the Stormerkz Pic rail stock adapter?

Someone made a adapter that used the two holes in the bottom of the receiver for a complete stock back in the 90's was for the carbine conversion. Looked really good and natural on the gun. I think the stock was a uzi wood type design in black plastic by choat maybe. That cage like adapter...
  2. root

What would be the easiest way to make a dummy display receiver?

Check out some of the old 80's squirt guns. No joke. I have a UZI pistol squirt gun and other then the fill plug & clear squirt trigger it's a 1:1 match to my AA pistol. This one needs a stock, trigger, charging knob, and a chunk of mag for the grip. Paint it high gloss black like the IMI...
  3. root

Turan 9mm ammo

Just looked up turan ammo Look on U tube lots of new name turkish ammo blowing guns up. Guy lost a rather expensive 308 rifle to turk ammo last winter. Then I I guess didn't learn his lesson and lost another gun to different turk ammo. Just search turkish ammo explodes gun on Utube lots of...
  4. root

Turan 9mm ammo

The case in the middle if the belted 9mm magnum round. I get one or two every drum with my max 10/31. (Sarcasm off) It's firing before the bolt is fully closed. Probably the ammo never heard of it before. I stick to my reloads and just run 9mm until the cases are toast or lost. I never get the...
  5. root

Uzi Extractor

Has anyone bothered to just pull one out of a parts kit bolt? I have 4 or 5 kits with the white inspection paint meaning they were NOS when torched. Most kits even used that I have seen had more handling marks then shooting wear. Would seem the best & easiest way to get a extractor and not be...
  6. root

UZI Extractors

Yes Dirk. It's a semi gun. I bought a stripped 10mm/40 s&w converted bolt from barrelXchange. Put a 45 extractor in it no mods runs 100% in 9mm. Got the info that it would work (might need modded) right here 20 years ago. Got lucky dropped right in and works. Everything old is new again.
  7. root

Any of you guys ever tried one of these drums?

Nice run Garret. So what the 1st drum do for you to thow it down like it pissed you off? Or was just honest in a hurry off the the next stage & reload?
  8. root

Sterling smg firing pin

Best to,buy a whole parts kit with barrrel if just the pin is 125 Last I looked they were between 500 and 600 with everything less receiver. Gives you a complete set of spare parts to put back.
  9. root

Uzi Extractor

See my post in the other extractor thread. 20 years now with a 45 aarp extractor on a BXC modded 9mm/10mm/40S&W bolt No issues. It's a IMI semi gun.
  10. root

What's the coolest MAC video ever?

Paid more for my Lage 10/15 then I did my M10 A lot more the M10 was 2500 around 2010 with two boxes of extra stuff that I sent down the road in the FS section here.
  11. root

Ya saw it in the theater and it blew my mind as a older teen. Then wore out the VHS and now I have it on DVD. whole movie is worth a watch non stop action with all the classic guns & actors. Almost like they told Stembridge rentals to just bring us a semi truck of what ever ya got we'll make it...
  12. root

Maybe not be best but sure has a lot of MAC's in it. Final shootout in EXTREAME PREDJUDICE Lots of Macs through out the last scene. Maybe the most I've ever seen in one shootout sceen. classic 1987 action flick Nick Nolte, Powers Booth, Michael Ironside & and a bunch of other 80's action...
  13. root

UZI Extractors

FWIW I've been using a 45 extractor since 2003 when I slapped together my IMI 45 acp receiver in the 9mm config. Been zero issues. Even back then spare 9mm extractors were HTF and pricey. I now have 4 9mm spares one for each gun. Was going to buy a few but they were OOS before I got any. Been...
  14. root

M11/9 Lage .22 kit test

I use CCI subs they cycle all my 22lr guns suppressed or not. The CCI quiet-22 will not cycle any of my semi's or FA 22 upper.
  15. root

WTK:IS there a market for the group Uzi rec.?

They are stamped with all the info a regular firearm would have. That's why the batfe makes em go FFL. They have been this way since day one. My guess and it's only a guess is the info was put on them as they were stamped out not after the fact. But yes they can be finished easier with the...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter