Recent content by Remo Williams

1. R

NIB MAC-10, but no barrel threads?

my first MAC 10 was a Powder Springs .45 export gun.I was a little disappointed when it arrived with no threads. I already had a suppressor for it. I had my class 2 remove the export barrel, without destroying it. I still have it sitting on a shelf in the safe. Collectable? Maybe, but these were...
  2. R

MAC 10/45 Powder Springs in original box 1972!

Congrats. Mr Spano is my dealer and was one of the buyers at the first MAC auction in the 1970's.He is a wealth of knowledge.
  3. R

PD MAC's?

rewind to the late 80's early 90's and a very enterprising class 3 dealer from Athens, Georgia started approaching PD's along the east coast wanting to trade out post sample MP5's and M16's for transferrable Thompsons, Reisings, S&W M76's. He ended up with some beautiful Colt Thompsons and the...
  4. R

Pictorial- Ingram M10 45acp as manufactured in Powder Springs, Ga

The receiver pin was changed because MAC changed the upper receiver. I have 2 M10/45's. The one from 1972 has the indentation in the middle and on the front bottom part of the upper receiver is a tab that holds the pin in place. On the 1973 M10, I have the same pin as posted here, but the bottom...
  5. R

NEW! A 500+ Page MAC book

Another book by Frank to be added to the collection. I am sure it will be fantastic, as were your "US Submachine Guns","AK-47 Grim Reaper" books put out in the last few years.
  6. R

Mac-Uzi on Magnum P I

it's first appearance is in "The Killer Elite". At the end of the movie, the screw on "Uzi" front rotated and Bo Hopkins is shooting it with the front sights pointed towards the ground.
  7. R

I found this nice to watch.

The Guns of Dagenham put into video form.
  8. R

Barrel rotation

An old article in Machine Gun News reccomended using a rubber grommit between the barrel and the shroud.
  9. R

Sentinel Corp. 22 conversion kit

No clue what that means?
  10. R

Sentinel Corp. 22 conversion kit

Steve Vanvoorhees was a prominent gunsmith in the Daytona Beach area during the 70's and 80's. He had a nice collection of WWII NFA (Thompson,Grease Gun and BAR), but I never knew he did anything with MACs. I have no knowledge if these conversion kits work, but when my class 2 comes back from...
  11. R

Any idea who has Nomex covers?

Looking for a Nomex Cover for a 2 stage MAC.Any ideas where I can find one? Thanks
  12. R

Gem-Tech Viper question

I am a traditionalist. I like the wire stock and the look of the Sionics can. I had the internals of a Sionics can updated by JRW Sports a decade or so ago. But am interested in the Viper for performance and not having to worry about it unscrewing.
  13. R

Gem-Tech Viper question

Thanks guys.
  14. R

Gem-Tech Viper question

Does the strap/hangar assembly have to be removed to install the ring that attaches to the barrel for the Gem-Tech Viper? Thanks.
  15. R

full autos and cops

Since this topic comes up quite often, I copied and pasted my replied to a similar question on another gun board. Hope this helps. I have been a cop in central Florida for the past 20 years. I also had an SOT for a few years.(cost too much because I wanted to keep everything and not sell). I...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter