Recent content by howdy

1. H

Pindad at SHOT Show 2024 (Indonesian FNC imports??)

You're referring to ATF Ruling 2008-1, which does not hold anything regarding what make nor model an FNC sear can be installed into. It holds 2 things: Held, the upper assembly of the FN FNC rifle is the receiver of the firearm. Held further, in the event a licensed manufacturer in the United...
  2. H

"Available soon, maybe mid of this year" 🎉
  3. H

Through word of mouth, someone who allegedly spoke to Pindad at SHOT says they're for civilian sales, and already set up for importation, with a dealer cost of $2,000 for the SS1 (FNC). And the PM1 (M12) is a limited release of 1,600 guns. Again, just word of mouth, remains to be confirmed...
  4. H

Apparently, Pindad is at SHOT this year. Haven't seen any videos from their booth yet, but I've read some speculation they may be aiming to break into the US commercial market. No idea how reliable or related the images and comments in the below-linked thread are, but there are images of an...
  5. H

Value of NOS firing pins

Firingpins.com has single-piece firing pins available in stainless ($25) and titanium ($35). I've had one of the factory FN two-piece firing pins break, so I use the FP.com solid ones now. So I'd say price/value of factory firing pins is $0 😆.
  6. H

The FNC on 9hole, again to low quality, to cheap

Agreed. And it's not even that it's the only one we can purchase here. It's a 100% FN made FNC, as legitimate as legitimate can be. Belgian army variant FNCs are not any more FNC than the FNCs produced for American import. The video never even claims to be an analysis of any army variant...
  7. H

FN FNC Bolt

Awesome! Do you have one of the "improved" extractor/guide sets with the 45 degree slant to copy? If not, Fuatos may still have a set.
  8. H

Looking for Improved Extractor

14"
  9. H

Looking for Improved Extractor

Looking back, it's actually hard to say whether the improved extractor itself truly helped, because my issues occurred over the course of 3 range days and involved a few different factors. Range Day 1: After about 5 mags with no issues, gun starts jamming frequently (FTE). Using adverse gas...
  10. H

FN FNC Bolt

Personally, I shoot my FNC, it comes to the range with me every time I go, and I would not care in the slightest if my bolt or barrel was US made instead of Belgian. The gun is fun as heck, and everyone I bring to shoot it agrees. I know an AR would be a better long-term mg to own because of...
  11. H

FN FNC Bolt

You might ask Wolff Gunsprings about the spring, probably just need to send them one and they can replicate it. They are usually helpful in doing so for needed gun springs. I am certainly in for 2 bolts from the first run, hopefully more for the 2nd run. So glad you're getting this project going!
  12. H

FN FNC Bolt

Great insight, thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like if someone encountered the catastrophic and unlikely scenario of having to replace a bolt, having a new $200 barrel installed at the same time would circumvent any headspace roadblocks. In situations where a bolt must be...
  13. H

FNC Extractor

The improved version uses a new style guide pin that has a 45 degree slant at the front, and the extractor itself has a matched 45 degree cut in the guide pin slot on the backside. This is to give better leverage to the extractor in grabbing the case rim. I recently got to see the differences...
  14. H

The FNC on 9hole, again to low quality, to cheap

The guys in the video are using an FNH Belgian made FNC, and hit every target out to 500yd. Not sure what you're saying is "crappy" about any of this?
  15. H

Gas Block Adjustment Screw

Thanks for the reply. Are you addressing the crimped cover, or just pointing out that there are 2 different gas block types in general? Is the crimped cover only on one of the types? I don't see it in your photos.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter