Recent content by CoffeeFreak

1. CoffeeFreak

CFW Bolt Just Sold on GB for $2900

I only have the information I was given by the manufacturer and my and other machinist experience with the alloy. The alloy rapidly eats up the tools and bits that cut and drill it and its hard on the machines. The company that can make them makes their own tooling and bits. Special tungsten...
  2. CoffeeFreak

That was a year ago and Sam and I talked about it since then. I can't tell you what he was trying to do. It's his idea and with enough time and money anything is possible. I will say this though. I had a full machine shop, not CNC, old school machines. I made replacement parts for emergency...
  3. CoffeeFreak

Like McDonald's lol. I don't go there anymore. The food is too expensive and the portions have shrunk and the quality has gotten terrible. So it's not worth it to me, but when I drive by the drive thru line is wrapped around the building so obviously other people don't have the same expectations...
  4. CoffeeFreak

There is enough demand for the bolts to do another production run but the manufacturer won't manufacture them right now under pressure for political reasons. They canceled all their firearms related production except for military contracts. They are in a very liberal state with a lot of anti 2A...
  5. CoffeeFreak

Well, before the CF-W bolt, The UZI SMG I paid $750 for in 1989 was my favorite sub gun. ;)
  6. CoffeeFreak

The only problem with your theory is inflation and continued user experience since the last bolts production. The M-11/9 is actually a pretty usable platform with a CF-W bolt and a telephone booth gun without it. I wouldn't want the gun without a bolt. I had a company contact me and offer to...
  7. CoffeeFreak

how can i tell the difference between a 380 barrel and a 9mm

This is the AR-15/M16 forum not the Mac forum lol. You should be able to put a 9MM case and a .380 fired case in the chamber and tell in two seconds just by how deep it goes head spaced and how it looks if you have any experience at all with the calibers. A 380 case might not even extract.
  8. CoffeeFreak

Matador Arms Mat-9K / Brownells BRN-9 Upper

Thanks for the explanation.
  9. CoffeeFreak

Any collector value to a box of IMI UZI 9MM?

Thanks for your input gentlemen.
  10. CoffeeFreak

Any collector value to a box of IMI UZI 9MM?

30 years ago I bought my UZI SMG. It came in a really nice IMI display hard case with foam cutouts for the gun, three mags, mag loader, bayonet and a box of this ammunition. When I picked it up I picked up an extra box from the dealer. Does it have any collector value or should I just shoot it...
  11. CoffeeFreak

Post a picture when you get that done please? We'd love to see it.
  12. CoffeeFreak

I agree with the entire comment!
  13. CoffeeFreak

I don't have a lot of experience with titanium AR firing pins. Never had one before. Matador Arms sent me a new one, same as the one that came with the upper although the length of other pins I measured in other guns. In studying the properties of titanium compared to the tool steel firing pins...
  14. CoffeeFreak

You probably figured it out, but in my experience when every mag locks open at the next to the last round on a Colt mag adapter either the mag adapter is a little too high or you need to take a little off the LRBHO tab, here in the picture. Sometimes you can take a little bit off the bolt...
  15. CoffeeFreak

Yes, ran it today. All is well with the Mat-9K. :)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter