Recent content by Brian Ski

1. Brian Ski

Does anyone sell a stronger barrel nut spring?

It wears the nut and the latch. I always hold it down. That is why I wanted a new spring. Working great so far. Just would like to get a few more of the longer springs. Not sure why the longer size.
  2. Brian Ski

The shorter spring was in my Mini and also one of the ones in the replacements sent. The latch on my Vector mini was one piece of steel. The replacement was similar to yours, a piece of steel with a spring tab crimped on it.
  3. Brian Ski

Interesting... I got 2 new springs, and 2 new latches. I grabbed a latch and I could not install it. It had a little different design. I had to file quite a bit off to make it fit. I also put in one of the new springs. When I went to put the old spring in the little pouch, I noticed the other...
  4. Brian Ski

I just gave it a try. Nut will not loosen without pressing the latch down. Even with some good torque. I even loosened it a few teeth and tried to turn it, no go. The latch is holding it solid, except under recoil. I tried it several times in several places. Thanks for the idea. Just waiting...
  5. Brian Ski

Shortened shroud and barrel threaded for supressor. Is there anywhere to get a barrel shroud to cut down?

Another older thread. Looks like SAMachine has shrouds and does custom threaded barrels. It looks a lot cheaper than $300. But not sure on how old the page is and wait time. http://www.samachine.com/sw76.html
  6. Brian Ski

Outside diameter of Swedish K shroud?

Just surfing through the threads and seen your post. The outer diameter of the shroud is about 1.1 inches. About 1 1/8". I have a Denall suppressor and it is 2" diameter and have plenty of clearance to see through the sights. 2" is pretty large but I would not go much larger. I am not sure if...
  7. Brian Ski

Great Thanks... I will replace both and see.
  8. Brian Ski

Kind of my thought too. Vector had parts kits from other guns when they built them. So hard to tell what shape it is in.
  9. Brian Ski

I will try loosening it without holding the catch down. I do tighten the nut while holding the catch down. Just checking for a replacement new spring rather than another used one. I am using higher powered ammo, so the recoil may be a bit stronger. I don't seem to have a problem with regular 115...
  10. Brian Ski

Has anyone use a heavier barrel nut spring for the full size/Mini Uzi? After shooting a while the barrel nut gets loose. I do hold the catch down when tightening. And it has a good edge to it. I think I just need a stronger spring. I am not sure where I should look for one.
  11. Brian Ski

Anyone have a dimensional print of a SMG Mini Uzi barrel?

Looking for the dimensions of a Mini Uzi SMG barrel... The library shows a picture but I am looking for all the outer dimensions. All the different diameters. Thx
  12. Brian Ski

Mini Uzi FULL AUTO

Bullet hose??? What are you a little girl???? Haha Stop by and I will toss you a M11 with a mac jack in it... almost 3 times the rate of fire... Mine runs about 2200 rpms. Maybe I should crawl back under my rock....
  13. Brian Ski

Mini Uzi FULL AUTO

I have a stock Mini Uzi... I have had no problems at all with it. It is an open bolt vector. Don't agree with it not being too newbie friendly. I would recommend it. I haven't tricked it out with a bunch of options except a suppressor. Mine runs about 800-850 rpms. The full size runs slower, so...
  14. Brian Ski

Looking for some help father passed away had A Class 3 Uzi

You would make more money selling the rifle with a couple mags and selling the rest individually. The suppressor is a tough one. If you sell out of state it will take 2 $200 stamps (plus 2 $200 stamps for the rifle) That is a bit of money for a suppressor maybe worth a few hundred at best. They...
  15. Brian Ski

SMG pricing???

Because... It will be sold by the time you get off your butt and make up your mind..... Hahahahaha Sure done that a few times. I bet we all have....

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter