Practical Solutions' M10/.22 (2nd Edition) Conversion Kit Update

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
We just wanted to pass along an update on our M10 .22 Conversion kit for those following:

We've been working diligently on getting 10 kits ready for beta testers. We are behind schedule as we were hoping to have the kits in the hands of beta testers by early Spring. All the parts for 10 kits are done and sitting there ready to go. Now we are making up the mags and mag loaders for the kits. We have gone over our manual to update it to this kit. Here's a video of a couple mag dumps we took today while testing our 30 round mags that will be sent with the beta kits to testers. The first mag dump with our booster and the other is with our linear compensator. This particular kit easily has over 1500 rounds in testing.

As a side note, we have been able to move kits between a Powder Springs gun, an RPB Gun and a Jersey Arms Works gun (all in 45 acp) and it fit and functioned just fine on all.

Stay tuned....

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Nice to see 22LR kits coming to market even with having a functional flemming M10 setup.

I like to see enough of any gun related products come to market to make them affordable for the masses and everyday plain jane commonality.

pjm204

I'm sure you have the beta testers already but if you need another. I'd love to be one. I have a Powder Springs m10/45 and a good variety of .22 to feed it!

pjm204

Is this kit utilizing the HK mags again?
They mention 30 round magazines. I don't think there were 30 round mags for the HK 270. It would also seem strange to me to utilize a magazine that's relatively expensive and somewhat rare. Unless they're making new ones based off of it.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Sam makes his own mags that are like the hk270 mags. I think in 20/30 /40 rounds but don't quote me on that.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Sam makes his own mags that are like the hk270 mags. I think in 20/30 /40 rounds but don't quote me on that.
Yes I believe he makes the 40rd in that pattern, I was just asking if this kit is going to be using those same hk270 pattern magazines in general, or something different this time.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Sam submitted this prototype to the atf for a determination letter for a 22lr upper that will work with both the large and small baby macs.

NAM

Definitely interested. Had a Flemming that never really ran for shit; would love a working .22 kit.

michaelnmississippi

Man owe Man I purchased one of his 22 kits several years ago that has a floating chamber ! It ran 100% with cheap or quality 22 .. The 20 round mags were all we could get back then. HK270 It was fun but just mag limits during the Ban

Deerhurst

Man owe Man I purchased one of his 22 kits several years ago that has a floating chamber ! It ran 100% with cheap or quality 22 .. The 20 round mags were all we could get back then. HK270 It was fun but just mag limits during the Ban
Vanvorhees?

If so I'd like some photos and dimensions to put my kits together.

majinebz

I sold my gen 1 off a long time ago. I found it to be finicky on ammo, required to use the booster (wouldn't function for me without it) or suppressor, floating chamber would foul quickly, and then the magazine was like a super thin gauge metal and the replacements were expensive.

I also found some old school drop in kits that were on gunbroker like 12 years ago. It had a bolt, 22lr barrel sleeve that just slid into the stock barrel, had a floating chamber also and a proprietary magazine and mag sleeve. Worked just as well as the Practical Solution kit and had the same problems, just the magazines were thicker and parked. (That did not make the old kit better, it still all functioned or not in a similar fashion)

I gave up on 22lr at that point.

Tinman45

Probably a dumb question, but would be dumber not to ask, got all your beta testers lined up already or are you looking for volunteers? (me me me me me!).

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter