Which Suppressor? GSL Jericho or Bowers Vers 9s

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
MK9K off today to CT for a CT9KS upgrade and a custom titanium cap for the Micro!!
Going to be teeny weeny.

Bret

Have any of y'all tried the GSL Fatman? It's 4"+ shorter than their Jericho and has slightly better noise reduction. Their website indicates that it comes with a trilug mount and others are available, including the Uzi full size. Not wanting to assume anything, I called to verify that the user can change out the mounts and they confirmed that is the case. Additionally, they have a mount available for the Mini Uzi / Uzi Pro.

Last edited:

stampcollector

UZI Talk Life Member
Bowers VERS 9s hands down.. Its a high volume can that can be put on any subgun.. Thier customer service rocks!! Go three lug and don't look back.

Bret

I want one with an UZI adapter. Bowers website shows that it can be purchased with one, but it doesn't list the noise reduction. Any idea what it is?

Gaffshot

I have a Versa 9S and would not buy it again. It has the upgraded baffles for up to 300 mag or something like that. Design of the can is annoying. Comes unscrewed when not wanting it to and then won't unscrew when I need it to. Not wrench flats in all the needed spots. I give it 2 out of 5 stars. I hope this helps. I have the uzi adaptor for it if anyone wants wants to have it for a reasonable price.

Bret

When you're talking about it coming unscrewed, you're talking about when you're using a threaded adapter, not the UZI adapter?

CKxx

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm not a fan of the short and fat cans, they might be better, but need some "cool" points too. :)
If you want to look cool on the internet then stick your existing pistol can on the UZI. If you actually want it to be quiet, gsl Phoenix or similar.

Chef

I run a YHM R9 with a 3 lug on mine and I love it. That can gives a lot of value for the $$ and it looks good too. Just the right length and diameter. Not too long, fat or skinny.

COJeff

PYRzmfjl.jpg

Bret

My NFA dealer ordered me a GSL Phoenix and it arrived today along with the Uzi adapters. It's certainly a beast. I brought the adapters home and tried them on my Mini and Micro. They went on without issue. Now for the wait...

GSL-Phoenix.jpg

GSL-Uzi-adapters.jpg

Slowmo

My NFA dealer ordered me a GSL Phoenix and it arrived today along with the Uzi adapters. It's certainly a beast. I brought the adapters home and tried them on my Mini and Micro. They went on without issue. Now for the wait...

GSL-Phoenix.jpg

GSL-Uzi-adapters.jpg
Any idea if the Micro Uzi adapter would work on a full size Uzi with a short barrel? Is the barrel nut the same?

Bret

I'll add to amphibian's comment that the Micro adapter also works on an Uzi Pro.

CKxx

I am extremely happy with the performance of the Phoenix.

I highly recommend following amphibian's advice and getting a sheet of shim stock to line the interior wall of the can. I did not do so and the fouling is very difficult to remove.

Bret

I highly recommend following amphibian's advice and getting a sheet of shim stock to line the interior wall of the can. I did not do so and the fouling is very difficult to remove.
Would you please elaborate about what you're talking about. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to suppressors.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter