Which Suppressor? GSL Jericho or Bowers Vers 9s

miniuziguy

I've run a Gemtech Mossad II on a mini SMG for about 1.5k FMJ rounds now. It has never let me down and is easily hearing safe. My reply doesn't answer your question per se, but IMO the Mossad II is a perfect Uzi can. To clean it I merely, dunk it in CLP, shake it out, and store it for my next trip to the range. I wish all my other cans worked as well.

Bret

The Form 4 for my GSL Phoenix was approved after just over a three month wait. It's home now. Here's how it looks on my Micro Uzi pistol, Mini Uzi machine gun and Uzi Pro SBR.
GSL-Phoenix-on-Micro-Uzi.jpg

GSL-Phoenix-on-Mini-Uzi.jpg

[img]

dawg180

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
I have a Bowers Vers9 and my personal opinion is it is way overheavy for what it should be. That being said it was hearing safe and a pretty good sounding can.

I also had some issues with a baffle strike when using the uzi barrel nut adapter, but Mr. Bowers said that is the first time he had ever actually had someone experience that, and like an idiot I had not checked the barrel cocentricity prior to putting rounds downrange.

Dirk Hawthorne

I have an old, huge CAC9 Bowers can that was upgraded to the current baffle design used in the Vers9.

I use the barrel nut mount and have found that I get poor accuracy when using the can. Three shots will hit the bullseye, and the next three will be off the paper.

I don't see any bullet strikes on the baffles or anything. My Vector FA was re-welded and tuned by Richard Hoffman. The barrel is rock solid in the trunnion.

It was fine on my 9mm MAC10, but I don't know, something is amiss on the UZI. Maybe it's just one of those flukey ammo problems, maybe just barrel harmonics or some weird thing.

As far as sound goes, it sounds fine to me. People say this can or that can is quieter, but unless it's measured, who could really say? "To measure is to know." Name a can, and there is some guy somewhere who swears that it's the quietest.

Sometimes people will post up videos of suppressors, but it's pointless because both your cell phone microphone and your PC speakers "clip" loud sounds.

I will say that the machining quality on the bowers can and mount is excellent and the customer service is 100%. And the vers-adapt mount system is a great idea.

Dirk Hawthorne

UPDATE

Bowers sent me a new mount and it seems to have solved the accuracy issues.

Bowers customer service is 2nd to none. I must have had him on the phone for an hour, he sent me a new $175 mount like it was nothing.

Good people.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter