What is Best Compensator?Brake for AR-15 in 556 and also 9mm

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Hello All:
I am looking for Full Auto Applications.
Trying to get the least muzzle Rise.
I like the Seekins ATC but if there is something better, please tell me
Also for the 9mm , I use Lantac Dragon and want any suggestions

Thanks !!

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
I've had good success with the Lantac Dragon in 5.56. It keeps the rifle pretty flat. I can't speak for the 9mm version.

Some people dislike them, but vertical foregrips make a big difference with full auto fire.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
For 9mm, I personally don't think there is enough gas for a really effective compensator.
Almost every 9mm I have, I try to put a sound suppressor on.
Glocks don't run well in full auto with a suppressor mounted unless they are super light and so I figured that would be a good test to see if a compensator would be effective.
So on my post sample full auto Glock, I got a few different compensators to see if myself and some friends could tell a difference and we couldn't.
I can control a full auto Glock pretty well already and figured that a compensator should show a difference if it works on that but was disappointed.

Now for 5.56, one of the best I have seen is the RAGE: https://www.umtactical.com/store/p38/R.A.G.E._TCS_5.56%2F223.html

mtlcafan79

JMAC Customs makes an RRD-2C in 1/2x36 assuming that's the thread pitch you need for 9mm. Does it work? I dunno. As mentioned above there isn't a lot of gas to redirect. Looks better than a thread protector and cooler than a regular A2 birdcage at least. A tuned buffer mass and spring might make a bigger difference.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
For 9mm, I personally don't think there is enough gas for a really effective compensator.
Almost every 9mm I have, I try to put a sound suppressor on.
Glocks don't run well in full auto with a suppressor mounted unless they are super light and so I figured that would be a good test to see if a compensator would be effective.
So on my post sample full auto Glock, I got a few different compensators to see if myself and some friends could tell a difference and we couldn't.
I can control a full auto Glock pretty well already and figured that a compensator should show a difference if it works on that but was disappointed.

Now for 5.56, one of the best I have seen is the RAGE: https://www.umtactical.com/store/p38/R.A.G.E._TCS_5.56%2F223.html

Aklys Pilum runs great on our post glock 18. Really slows down the ROF

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/f3De5w5YwXg

Last edited:

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Not really. I have never timed the ROF but it cant be more than 750

I'm guessing that suppressor is slowing down the ROF.

Here is my post sample G19:
Glock-RoF-1024x811.png

Also my Maxim 9 with a post sample sear:
Maxim9-RoF-1024x851.png

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
My guess is the weight of the can drastically slows it down. Its not hard to get singles. I really do not try though. What's the point of having a G18 if your going to try and pull singles? That Aklys can is the only one that works reliably in FA on the Glock that I have tried.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter