Want to buy: Oddball guns from the Assault Weapons Ban List

pjm204

As the title states, I'm looking for those weird guns from the AWB List that most have never heard of. I have cash or can trade a Wilkinson Linda, ,J&R Engineering M68, Rhineland FG9, or ?.

Most interested in the following but let me know what you have that fits into this genre:

Encom MP9/MP45
Al.Gi.Mec AGM-1
D-Max Carbine in 9/10/45
Federal Engineering XC-900/220/450
Sites Spectre
Wesco Ordnance

Last edited:

Roaster72

UZI Talk Supporter
Just so you know, none of those guns were from the assault weapons ban (1994-2004). They all predate the ban. There were some real oddballs in the 80s. May as well throw the ARM pistol, Gwinn/Bushmaster Assault Rifle, and the Bushmaster M17 on your list.

For an example of a true AWB gun look for a Bushmaster or Colt AR without a threaded barrel, an AK with a single stack mag, or something really odd like a Crossfire. Those were the rifles of the AWB.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
That market has gotten out of hand.

Ad the Eagle to your list..45 & 9......hard to even find info
it predated the other......Volunteer..Round receiver not the square plastic pos one.

Calco had a few offerings..rare
there were others.

Some just plain aren't worth it unless your never going to shoot them as theres just no source for parts.

The linda and sisters was another but I forget if OB or not.
Was a member here that bought the last of the inventory that may see this thread.

Fun search .....armslist seems to bring some of this out in public but its so sketchy dealing there.

slimshady

The Wilkinson Linda/Terry were closed bolt, hammer fired guns. I have (most of one anyway) the predecessor to it, the J&R Engineering carbine. Same basic gun but Wilkinson added a dustcover, and changed the recoil spring from twin small diameter rearward mounted ones to a large front mounted one that works off a step in the bolt and receiver.

A rare one was the Claridge/Goncz HiTec guns, pistols and rifles. Ahnuld and several of the bad guys used a pistol in Total Recall, and Justin Hammer offered to install one in the War Machine armor in iron Man 2. Antonio Banderas used a silenced carbine version at the hit in the cemetery in Assassins. Shepherd Book also used one in Firefly. "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?" "Quite specific. It is, however. somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

A friend had a couple of the Demro carbines, one snapped the rear of the cast AL receiver off and became spare parts for the other! I've seen a few with that breakage so if you get one and want to fire it, make sure the rubber buffer is intact and stay away from hot loads.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
you should hunt up this Eagle.

Its basicly a grease gun rifle.

They made them in 45 & 9
GG mags or sten mags.
Apparently was a conversion for the 45 to 9mm
likely used a Mac insert.

My google won't give me any info.....gggrrrr

it uses a gg bbl and nose cone..and is open bolt.

The rest resembles the Volunteer...cast ugly grip and all that.

Curious if this info is out there.....I'm done hunting...need to thin the herd.

Post up if you can find this unicorn.

pjm204

I have all of the Wilkinson guns since I currently own Wilkinson Arms (the company) :) . Same goes for the J&R Engineering guns. I should probably sell some versus buying more :ROFLMAO:

I also left certain guns off the list because I already have them. I do already own a D-Max but I own the pistol version and would love a carbine. I just acquired a Claridge pistol, I'd love a carbine but I'm not willing to pay the current market price for one so I'm fine not having it in the collection.

I'm also not super interested in the Demro guns due to the cast receivers being fragile. I've owned a Weaver Arms Nighthawk and probably don't need to own another since the plastic parts of it are VERY fragile/brittle.

If anyone has anything I'm looking for, shoot me a message.

pjm204

Just so you know, none of those guns were from the assault weapons ban (1994-2004). They all predate the ban. There were some real oddballs in the 80s. May as well throw the ARM pistol, Gwinn/Bushmaster Assault Rifle, and the Bushmaster M17 on your list.

For an example of a true AWB gun look for a Bushmaster or Colt AR without a threaded barrel, an AK with a single stack mag, or something really odd like a Crossfire. Those were the rifles of the AWB.

I think you misinterpreted what I'm looking for or I didn't explain it well. I am looking for guns that were on the AWB list, not guns made during the ban.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
That should be what were mentioning I think.

Do have an Encom 45 short magazine thats possibly excess.

s0b3

Any interest in the early Bushmaster/Gwinn Assault Rifle/Armspistol? I have the armspistol, fixed stock assault rifle and folding stock assault rifle.

jolague

As the title states, I'm looking for those weird guns from the AWB List that most have never heard of. I have cash or can trade a Wilkinson Linda, ,J&R Engineering M68, Rhineland FG9, or ?.

Most interested in the following but let me know what you have that fits into this genre:

Encom MP9/MP45
Al.Gi.Mec AGM-1
D-Max Carbine in 9/10/45
Federal Engineering XC-900/220/450
Sites Spectre
Wesco Ordnance
A buddy of mine owns a Wesco Ord. carbine. In 9mm I believe. He knew original manufacturer out of S. Arizona in the mid 80s.

Deerhurst

I saw and played with one of those Bushmaster ARM pistols. They are pretty cool but the $3200 price tag was stiff.

Outside of the Linda pistols and the Ljutic Space Gun (I really want one) I have very little to offer here.

I've sorta accidentally started collecting open bolt 22s and have a pair of Marlin Model 50s that even while only produced for 5 years are vastly different from each other.

Roaster72

UZI Talk Supporter
I think you misinterpreted what I'm looking for or I didn't explain it well. I am looking for guns that were on the AWB list, not guns made during the ban.
Apparently I read too quickly. I applaud your efforts and will let you know if I see any. If you don't have one, I would recommend picking up an AR-180. They have an interesting history and but for a few small faults are great rifles.

pjm204

I saw and played with one of those Bushmaster ARM pistols. They are pretty cool but the $3200 price tag was stiff.

Outside of the Linda pistols and the Ljutic Space Gun (I really want one) I have very little to offer here.

I've sorta accidentally started collecting open bolt 22s and have a pair of Marlin Model 50s that even while only produced for 5 years are vastly different from each other.
That's A LOT of money for an ARM pistol. They seem to usually sell for half of that or less from what I have seen.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a friend selling an H K 911 to get it in. During the ban import model 91 was changed to 911. If you have interest in this pm me

pjm204

I have a friend selling an H K 911 to get it in. During the ban import model 91 was changed to 911. If you have interest in this pm me
Thanks for the offer. I am not really looking for guns made during the ban, I am looking for the really strange/low production volume guns that were specifically named on the ban list.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

You forgot the Weaver nighthawk, the encom guns go on gunbroker for less than a grand when they pop up, they’re not that uncommon. The spectre is cool, mags are impossible to get and extremely expensive. Never saw the ALGIMEC but I remember seeing it on the ban list. The original Bushmaster “assault rifle” is a cool gun, tough rifle. There’s a guy on GB who had a bunch of the claridge hi-Tec pistols and carbines in every different configuration imaginable all brand new in the mint boxes. DMAX is another interesting one. You should start looking through old issues of FIREPOWER and SWAT magazine from the 80s, lots of write ups about all these guns, cool advertisements too.

pjm204

You forgot the Weaver nighthawk, the encom guns go on gunbroker for less than a grand when they pop up, they’re not that uncommon. The spectre is cool, mags are impossible to get and extremely expensive. Never saw the ALGIMEC but I remember seeing it on the ban list. The original Bushmaster “assault rifle” is a cool gun, tough rifle. There’s a guy on GB who had a bunch of the claridge hi-Tec pistols and carbines in every different configuration imaginable all brand new in the mint boxes. DMAX is another interesting one. You should start looking through old issues of FIREPOWER and SWAT magazine from the 80s, lots of write ups about all these guns, cool advertisements too.

I already have a Claridge and a D-Max although for the right price I'd go for a Claridge carbine since I have the pistol and a D-Max carbine since I have a pistol version there too. I stated above that I'm not interested in the Nighthawk solely because I've already owned one and the plastic is just too brittle to actually shoot them.

I bid on every Encom that ever gets listed on Gunbroker. I've missed a couple that went for reasonable prices and bowed out on some that went for more than I'm willing to pay.

I keep an eye out for everything on my list but kick myself when I miss out on random auctions around the country where one will sell cheap. I made an offer on an Algimec a couple years ago instead of hitting buy it now, regret.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter