Vulcan Imports FNC Parts and Price list

xm15e2s

rover109, how were you able to find/get the bolt?

please tell and how expensive was it???

Davises

Any word on firing pin springs?

For firing pin springs google Wallace Firearms / Jim Wallace. I bought a few from him a year ago. Called and ordered over the phone....

RTG gun parts had Ak5 pins with springs a while back. I would get on the email list for when they are back in stock.

The firing pins on Gunbroker are from Custom Instuments Tactical. I would buy some from him as well. I helped get that off the ground and I've been watching them just sit there. It's a shame more people haven't bought them to keep as spares.

Please do tell how you got the bolt. I bid on one a while back and missed out on it...ended up buying an entire rifle to keep for spare parts,

rover109

Thanks for the info Davises and XM. Curtis and another guy came through with some firing pin springs. Hopefully, 2 will be enough. Got the bolt from a forum member $750. Prob won't regret it unless parts kits start showing up!

Davises

You're welcome. I dint think you will regret getting that bolt. I'm not holding my breath for any parts kits. Our best hope for spare parts is rapid advancement in 3d printing. Someday we will be able to print anything we need, but right now it's not feasible. I know of solid concepts, but the reality of printing high strength parts at home is still a long way off.

Davises

It just cannot be that difficult or costly to have some bolts made on a cnc mill.

Last year I drew a small part that was maybe about the size of a 1.5" cube in overall envelope. Machining it out of ABS plastic on a CNC mill from Protolabs was around $300. Machining it out of stainless steel was quoted over $1000. The same part in ABS plastic was quoted at $38 from I materialise.com which is a 3D printing service. I'm now regularly having parts printed in stainless steel that are comparable in size for $18 through imaterialise. My experience might not be typical, but I do think 3d printing is and will always be cheaper than machining. I believe part of the cost of actual machining is someone has to write the g-code and tool path routines. With 3d printing the printer can spit out a part from an .stl file directly. Keep in mind though that 3d printed metal (at least in my experience) does not seem anywhere near strong enough yet for an FNC bolt, but I'm sure eventually the technology will improve enough to provide high strength parts. (At least I hope.)

paco

Ask member FUATOS for the bolt, he had/has one for sure

okpud

UZI Talk Supporter
Hi
By any miracle do you have a bolt for sale?
Thanks
Paul

BTW - if you change your bolt, check your headspace! I've had to remove bolt face material for customers before when they've change bolts for proper headspace. You can't adjust the barrel in/out by turning it a bit because of the gas port, so if your using a different bolt with your existing, installed barrel, there ~80% change you'll have to adjust you bolt for proper headspacing.

Rossi

I have a FN CAL 5.56 without magazines. I am looking for magazines if anyone has as struggling to find here in south Africa

Thanks

Giovanni

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter