UZI SMG Safety Selector Button Replacement?

Galil#1

Howdy Folks, Seen our late friend Richard's/BWE great video on the UZI SMG grip tear down; however, need more direct visuals for dummies on how to get it done... trying to go from plastic to steel selector button. BTW... are all the buttons fit loose/wobbly? Thanks!

Jones

The metal ones stay tight. The plastic ones get wallowed out over time. Swapping out requires a partial disassembly of the trigger group.

I've found that removing/replacing the flat detent spring by itself makes the job easier.
Remove grips, making sure the grip safety doesn't get away from you.
Remove flat detent spring by sliding up and out (sometimes a small flat-bladed screwdriver will help in getting the spring out of the detent notch). This should give you enough play in the selector lever to get the button slid down and off, and back on.
Replace selector detent spring. Make sure grip safety is in place and fully depressed, reinstall grips.

Galil#1

That sounds even simple for me thank you J! = glad no need to mess with the sear, sear spring, pins etc. Waiting for the steel button and will be careful to do this. I read somewhere they went from, steel to aluminum to plastic. Seems odd because otherwise it's such a nice heavy tank type design. Thanks again Jones!

Jones

Like an old friend was fond of saying~ "New and Improved" usually isn't either.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter