Uzi folding motorcycle peg vertical fore grip

eodinert

I found a treasure in a gun store today, they didn't know what it was. From what I can find on the web, these were an original accessory. The quality is good, and it feels great, but I don't like the wingnut to secure it on the bayonet lug. My hand guards got in the way of the wing nut, so I had to use a set screw for my mini. It would be way cooler if it had a latch to lock on to the lug, like a bayonet. Anyway, a few pics, since there don't seem to be many on the web.

20151112_161842_zpse4g1xqwv.jpg

20151112_163004_zps7pwbi2gg.jpg

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Nice find! They were an aftermarket accessory sold in the 1980's. They fold up completely on the full size UZI. You're right that it would be cool if they had a proper latch for the bayonet lug instead of the set screw.

SecondAmend

Nice find! They were an aftermarket accessory sold in the 1980's. They fold up completely on the full size UZI. You're right that it would be cool if they had a proper latch for the bayonet lug instead of the set screw.

Yeah, accessories that are to be secured via the set screw to the bayo lug (or a rail) generally aren't all that secure. Definitely need a proper latch such as the search light has.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

Jamey Heatherly

I know this is an old thread but I just joined to tell you I made these foregrips and sold them via mail order through Shot Gun News and at gun shows. They were designed by a good friend of mine by the name of Robert Parrish. He is more famous for his custom survival knives. He made them for a few months then I acquired them and the jigs to make them.

Jamey Heatherly

I use to sell them for 29.95 I even sold one to IMI. It was fun sell via mail order. ...every day there was money in the mail box and every body wanted your product. Nobody ever sent me a letter telling me " I saw your ad and I'm just writing you to tell you how much I hate your product. " I may have a couple left idk...will have to look through the warehouse.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter