UZI Extractors

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
As of the minute (5:23PM CST 8/31/23) DSA has UZI extractors in stock for $25! I am not in any way affiliated with them, just sending the word out since they seem to be like hen’s teeth lately.

Attachments

• IMG_1347.jpeg
    IMG_1347.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 35

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
What a great thing to pass on! I've been stressing a bit over extractors. Over the years, I never thought they'd be hard to come by.
Hopefully these are the real deal and not from the same manufacturer as the SARCO ones?
No retaining pins though... Anyone point to a source for pins?
Thanks again, Navgunner!

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member

RTG has the pins in-stock for $10. In my experience, the extractor is way more important than the pin but full disclosure I stockpile anyway

Personally I’ve never had a problem with DSA (knock on wood) and their listing says surplus, so I think we’re good to go. I know what you mean with the SARCO ones, they are absolute garbage.

Aside: DSA also carries the new style specific trigger parts, which is really uncommon on the surplus parts market. They’re pricey, but if you get them it gives you a lot of flexibility for the future. If someone needs help better understanding what that means or which parts I’m talking about please reference Richard Hoffman’s video about it on YouTube. Honestly, if you haven’t already… go watch all of his videos.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I've dealt with DSA also without issues. I ordered some pins from Robert. He's a great guy to deal with. Always stands behind his product and actually will address an issue personally if he has to.
This was never on my radar until Troy retooled for Mini bolts. I was at first surprised when he didn't have extractors, and then alarmed when I saw they were not readily available. The new owner at Vector has them, but pricey.
Thanks again for doing all the Google heavy lifting for us slackers!

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
DSA All gone now. But thanks.
Well, that was fast. I only got a couple, so either Navs post went viral, or some douche nozzle decided to buy them all? Hopefully not to resell and gouge us Uzi guys? Maybe DSA will come up with some more soon?

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
100% transparency… I didn’t buy a single one because I’ve already got a little stockpile myself. I’m embarrassed to admit it but I was buying them at Tulsa’s big gunshow for $60-$100 a set.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
100% transparency… I didn’t buy a single one because I’ve already got a little stockpile myself. I’m embarrassed to admit it but I was buying them at Tulsa’s big gunshow for $60-$100 a set
Embarrassed? Why? That's smart. I'd a done the same...if I could afford it. I still remember paying $150 for a 9mm Glock mag in 1994. And $500+ for Beta Drums. When you have an investment like a MG or other expensive weapon, you don't want to be in a position where you might not be able to shoot it. Damn.... I just remembered... it wasn't that long ago I paid .75/rd for 5.56. You do what you have to do. Or in my case, afford to do. LOL

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Embarrassed? Why? That's smart. I'd a done the same...if I could afford it. I still remember paying $150 for a 9mm Glock mag in 1994. And $500+ for Beta Drums. When you have an investment like a MG or other expensive weapon, you don't want to be in a position where you might not be able to shoot it. Damn.... I just remembered... it wasn't that long ago I paid .75/rd for 5.56. You do what you have to do. Or in my case, afford to do. LOL

True. Thanks @Jack007

delta-10

I thought I was doing good on Uzi extractors until someone pointed out the difference between the Sarco ones and the correct IMI ones. Mainly that the little slot on the back didn't line up with the retaining pin being the dead giveaway. I discovered that over half of mine in my very small stash were the Sarco ones. Just for the hell of it I stuck one of those Sarco extractors in my slow fire Bolt that I got from Troy and it ran perfectly. I also swapped it and put it in my closed bolt as well which has a much higher cyclic rate and it works good there as well. It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts. So at least it's not a total loss.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I stuck one of those Sarco extractors in my slow fire Bolt that I got from Troy and it ran perfectly.
So, if the extractor and pin hole don't line up, how is it held in? I'll admit. I'm confused.
I thought the SARCO issues were related to claw geometry etc...?

NewHobby

I agree I hope some reseller did not grab them all. (I can name a few on GB). I too have some Sarco's in my mix I would like to replace.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
So, I got this idea about the sarco extractors from another thread and can’t find it now. My retaining pin slot in the extractor was .040 to far to the rear so the extractor sat that much to far forward. I ground/filed the front of the slot .040 forward and made a .040 shim to go behind the retaining pin. The extractor claw is now in the correct location and fired cases snap in as they should with no contact on the back of the barrel. Took about 20 minutes. We shall see if the extractor holds up!! I’ll shoot the extractor until it fails and replace it with a good one from the stash. Fun stuff. Hopefully apple sauce from rotten apples.

Slowmo

Did anyone ever figure out if the Sarco extractors are actually Grease Gun extractors? They look a lot alike from pictures. If they are that wouldn't be the worst thing since they could be resold for their correct application.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Since we're on the subject of extractors, I'll post an email reply I got from Tom at Vector. My inquiry was if his .45 extractors would work with 9mm?
==============

Thank you for reaching out to us.
The 45 ACP extractor will work in 9mm.

When IMI made their first 45 ACP Uzi they quit making 9mm extractors. The 45 ACP extractor functioned in both the 9mm and 45 ACP in both semi auto and full auto fire. The 9mm did not function consistently in 45 ACP full auto so they discontinued manufacturing them.
Thanks again,
Thomas J Carpenter, Owner
Vector Arms
Materialized Arms

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Since we're on the subject of extractors, I'll post an email reply I got from Tom at Vector. My inquiry was if his .45 extractors would work with 9mm?
==============

Thank you for reaching out to us.
The 45 ACP extractor will work in 9mm.
When IMI made their first 45 ACP Uzi they quit making 9mm extractors. The 45 ACP extractor functioned in both the 9mm and 45 ACP in both semi auto and full auto fire. The 9mm did not function consistently in 45 ACP full auto so they discontinued manufacturing them.

Thanks again,
Thomas J Carpenter, Owner
Vector Arms
Materialized Arms
In my personal experience Tom is incorrect. I’m not against Tom, he’s a super nice guy, but regardless, my experience does not align with his statement. As always, your mileage may vary.

Aside:

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
@RoverDave what are your thoughts on Thomas’ comment? I don’t see anything in your book to support his statement.

“The 45 ACP extractor will work in 9mm.
When IMI made their first 45 ACP Uzi they quit making 9mm extractors. The 45 ACP extractor functioned in both the 9mm and 45 ACP in both semi auto and full auto fire. The 9mm did not function consistently in 45 ACP full auto so they discontinued manufacturing them.”

UziHwwIH

@RoverDave what are your thoughts on Thomas’ comment? I don’t see anything in your book to support his statement.

“The 45 ACP extractor will work in 9mm.
When IMI made their first 45 ACP Uzi they quit making 9mm extractors. The 45 ACP extractor functioned in both the 9mm and 45 ACP in both semi auto and full auto fire. The 9mm did not function consistently in 45 ACP full auto so they discontinued manufacturing them.”
1705189566832.gif

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter