The UZI Book - Order a copy now!!!

mark214

UZI Talk Supporter
I just received mine and it is fantastic! Everything I would post will no doubt be a repeat but it is the "UZI Bible".

My thanks to Mr. Gaboury for a fine well researched book.

Last edited:

Open Bolt

Outstanding book!

Learned more in a few days than any online source, even this forum where I've been lurking for a time.

fever2857

Excellent book ! I have only had it for a couple of weeks and haven’t been able to read it cover to cover yet, but I have learn a lot ! Thanks

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
I got this book for Christmas. I'm floored with how nice it is and all the information. Nice job Dave, you should be proud of this. This book is a must have for any Uzi owner.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I got this book for Christmas. I'm floored with how nice it is and all the information. Nice job Dave, you should be proud of this. This book is a must have for any Uzi owner.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Ed L

I bought the book and am blown away by it. A fantastic piece of work. I have not finished it and have a lot of studying to do before I set foot into the US select-fire Uzi world.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I bought the book and am blown away by it. A fantastic piece of work. I have not finished it and have a lot of studying to do before I set foot into the US select-fire Uzi world.

Thanks! Glad you like it.

davester

Being an SOT I've acquired and transferred pretty much every model of the UZI. I finally decided I better snag a Model A for myself. Needless to say, the book is a must! Thanks for writing it!

Ed L

I finished the book. It was an indispensable for someone who is new to Uzis who is considering buying a select-fire one, or who already owns one.

After reading the chapters on the Group Industries and Vector and how they built their guns, I have the impression that some of the guns have issues that needed to be addressed that the companies themselves took care of when they were in business. Thus I am a bit concerned about buying one.

Also, I was wondering if decide to buy an old Action Arms Uzi semi-auto carbine if it might be a problem buying extra parts in the future. For example, I learned that it has a different extractor than a select-fire one. So I am wondering how hard it would be to find a replacement extractor if needed.

Once again, I have only been on this forum a relatively short time and am very new to the Uzi.

Last edited:

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
I just bought some uzi mags that were listed as IMI mags. Consulting RD’s book, I didn’t get ripped off! Great resource for anyone into Uzis.

ole442

Banned
Way freakin' too close to the city....especially n
I finished the book. It was an indispensable for someone who is new to Uzis who is considering buying a select-fire one, or who already owns one.

After reading the chapters on the Group Industries and Vector and how they built their guns, I have the impression that some of the guns have issues that needed to be addressed that the companies themselves took care of when they were in business. Thus I am a bit concerned about buying one.

Also, I was wondering if decide to buy an old Action Arms Uzi semi-auto carbine if it might be a problem buying extra parts in the future. For example, I learned that it has a different extractor than a select-fire one. So I am wondering how hard it would be to find a replacement extractor if needed.

Once again, I have only been on this forum a relatively short time and am very new to the Uzi.

I have always thought that you can use the IMI made select fire extractors in a semi UZI(RD can weigh in if I'm correct or not). I bought an NOS IMI multipack years ago and they are somewhere in my safe!

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member

I don't think a person should be overly concerned about buying a Vector or Group Industry gun. The alignment issues were generally fixed up during the original assembly. If a gun has an ongoing alignment issue, a good gunsmith can get it straightened out. Just shoot the gun before buying it (or get video from the seller), so you know what you're getting into.

Spare parts are still much easier and cheaper to get for the UZI than for many other submachine guns. BWE Firearms offers many brand new parts and surplus parts are generally available. Differences in the semi-auto parts are minor and generally not a problem.

Seven Clicks Up

Thanks again David.
I don't think there is any information out there that's not in your book. I keep finding new things in there.
Actually, it's near my bathroom right now.
What a wealth of information. Great job in all the research that went into this.
I received mine in about March 2018, and I'm still finding new things in it to read.
I can't thank you enough.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Actually, it's near my bathroom right now.

That MIGHT be approaching TMI territory.
Personally, I prefer to keep my copy sanitized. Don't wanna mess up Dave's autograph! :)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter