Tenko 10-16 Adapter For Use With .22lr

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
This thread was started so as not to clutter another member's thread about a specific .22lr upper for the M10 model. So for those not familiar, the Tenko 10-16 adapter makes M10 lower receiver mimic the function of a M16 registered receiver. So far every AR-15/M16 upper including the Shrike beltfed and CMMG rotary delayed blowback uppers have functioned. Sam has some video of the Tenko adapter running a CMMG Ciener style .22lr kit.

We also have an open bolt version of the Tenko which we will be submitting. My brother has loaned me his first generation AM15 upper kit. Sadly he bought it and forgot it, so he didn't get the generation 2 upgrade. It is my understanding that the first generation AM15 had problematic function issues. I don't have the time or expertise to modify the kit myself. My plan was once we get the open bolt mechanism approved, I was going to quiz Craig Wheatley about the possibility of another run and upgrade kit availability. Would a Mac specific American 180 based upper be cheaper than the Tenko/AM15 upper combination? Absolutely, but I have no idea when or even if Craig would submit such an upper. The Tenko/AM15 combination is less than half the market value of a American 180 RR.

To be clear, between the Tenko adapter and the AM15 upper receiver kits, depending on uppers, mags, and calibers desired, the M10 owner could be looking at $7,000. There is nothing "cheap" when it comes to machineguns. I can not guarantee AM15 function without a functional kit AM15 upper to test. I know that I have been saying submission soon. My family's financial stability comes first. My continuing health issues have made this whole project extra challenging. I will notify the community when we actually submit. I have no idea when we will hear back. I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Scott
Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.

ETA Video
of a tour of Freedom Arms.

Last edited:

LawBob

The good thing is by the time batfe
Approves our macs will be worth so much more that this will be like nuthin

Thanks for doing this!!

Maniac11/9

I sure hope the Tenko comes to fruition, especially after all of the time and money A&S has spent on it. I remember when the Tenko concept info was first released, I said I would pass on it because I didn’t like the way it canted the Mac receiver down. At the time I said I preferred the Lage Max 11/15 because of the design, mainly aesthetically. I never ended up buying a M11/15 because I wasn’t really interested in shooting .223/5.56. I take back what I said! I now see how the Tenko would open up a lot of new possibilities with the Mac platform, namely the AM15 upper. Is Practical Solutions still in charge of a waiting list for the Tenko adapters, specifically for the M11/9? I need a couple of them!

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes, Practical Solutions is still keeping the list. I think that the M16 family has the most versatility with the best parts availability and cost. I still have a spot in my heart for the HK roller delayed blowback system. Especially in pistol calibers, the RDB system has better systems. But in .22lr the M16 has so many more options.

Development of the open bolt version of the Tenko was first and foremost for the possibility of being approved. Right behind that would be the being able to adapt the AM15 to the Mac style family of RRs. There is also the beltfed upper similar to the LM-7. Here is a link https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/10/26/belt-fed-22lr/ to an article about it. Plus the simple Ciener/CMMG style of .22lr kits and uppers. Especially for the price, I could see why .22lr is so popular.

The Tenko adapter on a Mac style RR will never have the same ergonomics as an actual M16. It looks the way it does to get the function. But having similar functionality for half the market value, especially when that market value is $15,000 or more. I think that the Tenko would open up possibilities for those that want various types of full auto fun at a much lower price point, allowing more people to afford it.

Scott

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
I thought the beltfed 22 was dead.
Lakeside is done......couple other folks listed the same thing under a different name with NO Belts avl. They clearly used lakeside parts as you could see the LS logo on the topcover . Did they buy out Eric @ LS ...IDK. They seemed to have all disappeared now.
Even the 9mm beltfed has faded away for whatever reason......Shoulda bought that one...or not?? Have a pair of razorback uppers waiting for use if the option rolls around for the M11.
Is there an active company still building the BF 22lr uppers..??

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Didn't someone make a direct upper for the M11/9 that used American 180 drums? A 275 round drum is virtually belt fed.

I recall that it was Thompson Machining or something like that. I think that they only made one which ran well but decided not to pursue further development.

I'd be interested in something like that as I don't want a 5.56 upper.

LawBob

Didn't someone make a direct upper for the M11/9 that used American 180 drums? A 275 round drum is virtually belt fed.

I recall that it was Thompson Machining or something like that. I think that they only made one which ran well but decided not to pursue further development.

I'd be interested in something like that as I don't want a 5.56 upper.
Tactical innovations might have.. or they didn’t get full approval. It used to be listed in their site years ago

Deerhurst

I thought the beltfed 22 was dead.
Lakeside is done......couple other folks listed the same thing under a different name with NO Belts avl. They clearly used lakeside parts as you could see the LS logo on the topcover . Did they buy out Eric @ LS ...IDK. They seemed to have all disappeared now.
Even the 9mm beltfed has faded away for whatever reason......Shoulda bought that one...or not?? Have a pair of razorback uppers waiting for use if the option rolls around for the M11.
Is there an active company still building the BF 22lr uppers..??
There is a 3D printed 22LR belt fed project I'm keeping an eye on right now. I want to see how they attack the belts and feeding as it may be useful for M10 stuff in the future.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
The FBT article I linked above is from 2020, but I can't get the manufacturer's website to load. That doesn't seem to be a good sign that they areviable. I remember when the .22lr LM-7 was available. With lots of polishing the uppers could be made to run, but they didn't seem to run right out of the box. The .22lr round has such limited power and a beltfed upper has lots of surfaces that interact causing drag. A beltfed anything is expensive to make. But ultimately I think that the beltfed .22lr upper is at the edge of function.

As far as the 9mm beltfed, the company is still in business but doesn't have any in stock. I would imagine if there was a surge in interest the upper would go back in production. Like the tungsten bolts or Lage uppers, Freedom Ordinance is not going to make five or ten uppers. There is a "Notify Me" button on the website, which gives you their email address. I don't know what their minimum number would be, but I would think they would need demand for 50 or 100 units to make it worth while. I would think that they would have a list, but I don't know that.

My hope is that once the Tenko adapter becomes available, this would be a new surge of interest for both the 9mm beltfed and the AM15. Hopefully with increased interest, these uppers might be available again. A member here in the Northeast was kind enough to travel up to the range in New Hampshire that I am a member of. There is a video
of me firing his FM-9 on the Tenko 10-16. It was fun. I would certainly like to own one. There is a LM-7 on Gunbroker. I just don't know as I have the patience to get one to run reliably and there is the issue of parts availability.

Scott
Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.

ETA Video
from six years ago of Freedom Arms

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter