Tactical stock ideas for Reising 50?

jbird

I have a little problem with the C&R comments. But I also do not fully understand the C&R thing, so I could be mistaken.

I understand that the Reising is "eligible" for C&R, but this particular Reising is not listed / classified, etc. as being C&R. Form 4, transferable MG, transfered to a non C&R license holding individual (myself).

The example given of an M1 Garand with a plastic stock. I have an M1 Garand, I purchased from the PX years ago. It has an 18" barrel & is chambered in 7.62mm NATO. No longer C&R? I don't think it ever was C&R. Did the PX do something wrong by selling it to me? If I was to sell it to someone else, would I be commiting a crime?

I know the Garand purist will say that I have commited a crime by even owning an 18" barrel Garand. But that is not the point.

texasvwnut

UZI Talk Life Member
Don't get hung up on the word 'eligible'. Like Garret said if the weapon was manufactured 50 ago or older they are considered C&R. I'm sure some modifications or alterations might exclude something from C&R status. I think the term 'eliglble' is used sometimes for someone trying to express that a particular weapon can be transferred to a C&R FFL.

G43 Nut

Even if you take a hardline on C&R status, this is still just a stock. Replace with an original stock and it is now C&R again in the limited interpretation and transferable.

Now if you cut up the barrel or welded up a new mag well for grease gun mags that cant be restored easily then you may have altered the status.

Just my 2 cents.

willbdavis

Totally agree. Just making the point. One nice thing about C&R guns is you can take them across state lines without filing any paperwork. It could be argued that crossing state line with the improved stock is a violation of federal law. Silly but possibly a big problem if you run into the wrong LEO.

19Steve67

I know this is a very old post but would really like to see your pics of the Reising stock that you made?

Steve

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
+1 - would love to see some pics
All the links above to pics are dead… I

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter