Suppressor Ban Introduced

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
NOT A POLITICAL POST!

It is widely reported that a Suppressor Ban has been introduced. If it passes, what will happen to the money people have sent to ATF with Form1/4, that has not been approved?

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
From what I have read this bill has been floating around for some time now, probably in response to the one guy in 100 years that committed a murder with a suppressor.

slimshady

Same as if it was not approved, they refund it. Those with approved Form 1s but haven't built yet can likewise send a letter to ATF saying it was never built and request a refund. Those who already have theirs are screwed.

But I doubt it will pass, suppressors have become mainstream in the last dozen years or so. Every time I go to an outdoor public range I see at least 1 rifle with a suppressor being shot.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Same as if it was not approved, they refund it. Those with approved Form 1s but haven't built yet can likewise send a letter to ATF saying it was never built and request a refund. Those who already have theirs are screwed.

But I doubt it will pass, suppressors have become mainstream in the last dozen years or so. Every time I go to an outdoor public range I see at least 1 rifle with a suppressor being shot.

I read an article today online recommending first hunting rifles for kids, one piece of advice was suppressing it.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
I got Quizzed on this yesterday by a friend...had not heard about it till now.

I thought the Hearing protection act was going to fix this forever.

slimshady

I got Quizzed on this yesterday by a friend...had not heard about it till now.

I thought the Hearing protection act was going to fix this forever.

it was, until the Las Vegas shooter was reported to have silencers and bump stocks. Then it became a political hot potato.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
I read an article today online recommending first hunting rifles for kids, one piece of advice was suppressing it.

my kids dont shoot unsuppressed as much as possible. bird hunting is the only notable exception.
to the point they whine, why cant they take a suppressor for riflery at camp!

reason being, I dont want their hearing shot like mine.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
my kids dont shoot unsuppressed as much as possible. bird hunting is the only notable exception.
to the point they whine, why cant they take a suppressor for riflery at camp!

reason being, I dont want their hearing shot like mine.

I understand about hearing loss! I used to shoot without ear protection, and when attached to an NG Artillery Unit, I would leave one plug out so I could hear if a call for help came in. As a result of it all, I have severe tinnitus and moderate hearing loss. Nowadays, I don't even shoot a 22lr rifle without ear protection. I can't make anything better, but I don't want it to get worse. My father has substantial hearing loss, mostly due to shooting without ear protection; he can't hear birds singing, which he loved.

Always use ear protection when shooting!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter