Sterling mags, parts & accessories sources

TexWildcat

Well-known member
Feedback: 1 / 0 / 0
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
222
Location
Las Colinas
I have 10 sterling MK-4 kits in good+ condition for sale.
$350.00 + shipping ($17.50)
They are from my personal collection, so If your interested, send me a private message.

I've been saving these for a rainy day, so not all that excited to sell, but Its x-mas and the lady needs a diamond ring....sucks
 

L34A1

Well-known member
Feedback: 28 / 0 / 0
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
928
Location
South Florida
Barrels

I will be making 50 Mk4 barrels. I will be taking orders starting 12/11. The price will be around $200 +/-
 

L34A1

Well-known member
Feedback: 28 / 0 / 0
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
928
Location
South Florida
Gentleman, I have both of you down for one each. I will be starting an individual thread with the exact cost soon. Production should start right after Christmas.:)
 

Dang

Well-known member
Feedback: 2 / 0 / 0
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
55
threaded also???

Can they be made long enough and threaded to mount a suppressor. if so I am in.
 

NFANut

UZI Talk Life Member
Feedback: 34 / 0 / 0
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
467
Location
Indiana
L34A1 said:
I will be making 50 Mk4 barrels. I will be taking orders starting 12/11. The price will be around $200 +/-
I'll take one too. Threaded end would be great!
Thanks in advance.
 

John C

UZI Talk Supporter
Feedback: 14 / 0 / 0
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
558
Dang said:
Can they be made long enough and threaded to mount a suppressor. if so I am in.

Andy, some outfit in Oregon made a bolt on adapter a few years ago, if that's what you're thinking. AFAIK, no one ever posted any positive user input.

I think you could sell a ton of Sterling barrels with a 1/2x28 threaded end but, last I checked, the only way to get the threaded end thru the opening in the barrel support is to open up the hole a bit. Any thoughts on this?

John C
 

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
Feedback: 10 / 0 / 0
Joined
Jan 17, 2003
Messages
5,164
Location
Rockies

Dang

Well-known member
Feedback: 2 / 0 / 0
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
55
Threaded barrel

I checked a few dims and dont know if it would work.

Hole in shroud is .450"
edge to edge screw holes .675"

If you opened the hole up to .600" that would only leave a shoulder for the can to screw up against of .050".

Would that be enough????

This gun needs to be supressed.
 

L34A1

Well-known member
Feedback: 28 / 0 / 0
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
928
Location
South Florida
John C said:
Andy, some outfit in Oregon made a bolt on adapter a few years ago, if that's what you're thinking. AFAIK, no one ever posted any positive user input.

I think you could sell a ton of Sterling barrels with a 1/2x28 threaded end but, last I checked, the only way to get the threaded end thru the opening in the barrel support is to open up the hole a bit. Any thoughts on this?

John C

P7M13 did this to his converted MK6, which was easy to go back and forth on the suppression. You simply take of the fake front bayonet cap. On a real Mk4 you can't do this, unless you machine off the bayonet cap first and then treat it like a Mk6. Then you need to produce that front bayonet cap from a parts kit. Question is: How many people are willing to destroy their Mk4 front end using PK's method for a suppressor? If you want an extended Mk4 barrel, it has already been done and listed in the above forums. In order to do a run of custom extended Mk4 barrels, I would need 50 people (min) up front.
 

PK

UZI Talk Life Member
Feedback: 3 / 0 / 0
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Messages
226
Location
CO
“Destroy” is a very hard word.

I have absolutely no regrets about boring out my end cap. This gun fitted with a good suppressor is so satisfying to shoot I would do it again in a heart beat.

Did I ruin a valuable collector? Hell no! 1- it’s a built gun, not a factory original. 2- It will still do everything an unmodified gun will (and more). 3- It still uses stock barrels if needed.

I plan to run a few more of these barrels in the future; a couple of friends are begging me and it will allow me to spend more time with my gun when we go shooting, while theirs sit in the car (unsuppressed)
 

L34A1

Well-known member
Feedback: 28 / 0 / 0
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
928
Location
South Florida
PK said:
“Destroy” is a very hard word.

I have absolutely no regrets about boring out my end cap. This gun fitted with a good suppressor is so satisfying to shoot I would do it again in a heart beat.

Did I ruin a valuable collector? Hell no! 1- it’s a built gun, not a factory original. 2- It will still do everything an unmodified gun will (and more). 3- It still uses stock barrels if needed.

I plan to run a few more of these barrels in the future; a couple of friends are begging me and it will allow me to spend more time with my gun when we go shooting, while theirs sit in the car (unsuppressed)

Ok, destroy is hard I'll give you that :) Those who want a threaded barrel for their Mk4, PK is your man. I will continue with the Mk4 barrels plan.
 
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards


Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter
Top