Sterling mags, parts & accessories sources

SARose

:laugh Please note Item is sold. I cannot delete this post. I have a Wiselite fake suppressor for the Sterling that I would like to sell. It is in like-new condition. The only reason I'm selling it is because I expect my 2 BATF tax stamps to arrive any week now. My sterling will soon be a SBR with a real suppressor. I will let the suppressor go for $50 plus shipping which will be between $5.65 and $10.00 depending on what size USPO box I can fit it into. I am a trusted seller on eBay (eBay member Motorpony) with over 460 positive feedback items at 100%. I am also a member of "A Girl and A Gun" , an NRA instructor, and a Texas concealed carry instructor Contact me at juliadegrace@hotmail.com

Last edited:

geavlaw

Sterling Chamber lengths

All:

Collecting the brass from one of our recent outings we noticed "bulging" with the 9mm cases such that their suitability for reloading was probably compromised. We went back and shot both the MK-IV and V after thorough cleanings and the bulging was not as noticeable. However, we also noticed that the casings did not sit fully down into the barrel. We checked many of the Sterling barrels, including NIB barrels from the Sterling factory, and none of them allowed the round to seat fully down in the barrel. Looks like this design is intentional, but never would have thought it was designed that way, unless it is to ensure extraction in full auto, etc. Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks!

Traveler

UZI Talk Life Member
It's normal for open bolt sub-guns to have a short chamber.

Slightly bulged cases are not unusual,, especially with reloads. A Lee Factory Crimp Die will resize them most of the time.

geavlaw

Talking with John Andrewski he confirmed that the Sterling is designed such that the case does not sit all the way down in the barrel, which helps account for its superb reliability.

Traveler

UZI Talk Life Member
Firing Pin Tang / Striker for Semi-Auto Sterlings

Since these have unavailable for a while, I had some made. I know some of you have been looking for them also, so I got few extras. PM me if need one.

Attachments

• Sterling - Tang - Striker - Firing pin.JPG
    Sterling - Tang - Striker - Firing pin.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,010
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter