SKS value question.

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
I have a guy that wants to sell his Norinco for a couple hundred bucks. What is this weapon worth? Serial number 1800264. In box, never fired. Original sling. No bayonet though. And a 3 character name in Chinese that I can't explain. 00264 stamped on trigger guard, mag well and top of bolt. Would also like to know the age too. Hope this is enough info to get me somewhere. I'll try to post pictures later.

Jim

Last edited:

Paul Kersey

Couple of hundred as in $200, or $400 or more? If lower amount then jump on it. Main thing it is not stolen- then it's worth nothing if ever discovered and you will be out anything you paid for it.

Unless Arsenel 26, I do not think there is a way to determine age. The later SKSs imported came in with no bayonet, so probably a late 70s/80s gun would be my guess.

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
Couple of hundred as in $200, or $400 or more? If lower amount then jump on it. Main thing it is not stolen- then it's worth nothing if ever discovered and you will be out anything you paid for it.

Unless Arsenel 26, I do not think there is a way to determine age. The later SKSs imported came in with no bayonet, so probably a late 70s/80s gun would be my guess.
200. It's a triangle 26 weapon.

Jim

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
last ones I seen Listed up here were 600$ ++.

used to be bottom of scale years ago.

Deerhurst

$200 is probably what Id say its worth. Triangle 26 is the most common.

I have a DP marked SKS. I hate it and if someone wanted to give me more than I paid it would be there problem. Dont get me wrong, it ran fine for the 10 rounds I bothered to put through it. I just hate the SKS in general.

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
I hope you jumped on that JJ. $200 for a fully functional SKS is a bargain these days, and for an original in box one it's a downright steal.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Back in the 70s it was a $100 gun and I still think of them as that, but in the current market it is a $450 to $600 gun. I would probably jump on it.

Gaffshot

I think that I have this same sks. Bought in 1992 for $90. Certainly worth $200 or even much more.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter