S&W 76 & MK 760 TECH

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
S&W M76 & MK 760 TECH

While measuring 76/760 bolts I have come to find out that the dimensions on S&W 76 bolts are not the same as MK 760 bolts. The bolt face on S&W bolts is further forward. This means that the S&W bolts do not use the same extractor as the MK Arms bolts. All the bolts measured so far have the straight transition.

If anyone has an MK760 bolt with the radiused transition I need to measure it to see if there is two different versions of extractors for the MK 760s.

Last edited:

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
Most of the feed issues in the MK760 are due to oversized magazine wells which allow the magazines to move around too much causing issues. I have also found improperly fit magazine catches allowing the magazines to not sit at the right height. Another problem is improperly modified magazines.

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
I have been asked numerous times if I could reposition the extractor on the bolts I am working on. I would do it because I think the extractors are in the wrong position but the trunnion has a notch cut into it for the extractor. To use a bolt with a repositioned extractor I would need to cut your trunnion out rotate it to the new position or cut an additional notch so you could use either style bolt. Then weld it back in and refinish your M76/MK760.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter