Running List of Subgun Matches

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Can we create a running list of standing subgun matches? I have a life goal of shooting every major subgun match in the country! Here are the ones I've heard of

Current Matches
Michigan State subgun match
North Texas Submachinegun Match
Ohio State SMG match
Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club, Florida
Las Vegas, NV
Brass River Nebraska
Arizona State Subgun Match
Pennsylvania PC3C || Facebook
Alaska Machine gun Association Match
Idaho
Big Sandy, Wikieup Arizona

Former matches
Knobb Creek

Please share any more you know of and I'll add them to the list, particularly any in the Southeast, as it seems to be just Knobb Creek.

Last edited:

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Man I miss the Creek. I’m getting old now and hope I can get back there- of course every time I went I was one of the younger folk. Anyway there is a semi regular group that does matches in the Kansas City area about once a month during the summer months. It’s kind of up in the air right now as the regular range is under new management and has construction going on, so we’ve been on a private range. Anyway I don’t run it but I can make introductions for anyone in the area- Dale, the gent who runs it will check you out and if you’re good, you’ll get an invite. I’m not a fan of the paper targets we’ve shot in the past but the current range is multi stage/ w steel targets. I haven’t been but going to the match at the end of this month, I’ll provide a range report. It’s a good bunch of people. One time Dale showed up with three older Chinese tourists in tow- I have no idea where he met them, But he strikes me as the type of nice guy who could have met them at dinner and just invited them to shoot. I don’t think any of them had ever shot a gun, never mind full auto. It was very entertaining- they were blown away by it all!

Last edited:

GreaseGunner

Last year there was a match in Chapel Hill Tenn due to no Knob Creek. With the Creek being done this year, that might be coming back to be a regular thing. We (the Knob Creek RO’s) are going to see what we can do to set up a schedule for matches to fill in some of the holes

klyph12

Florida is not on your list -- Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club, first Sunday of the month (usually).

Not sure if they still shoot at Las Vegas but they used to.

Scott C.

At Rio Salado Sportsman's Club is Mesa, AZ we have a subgun match the second Thursday of the Month at 5pm. We do non run them in the summer months. We also have a monthly beltfed match. Next matches will be in September. Same location as the Arizona State Match.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Las Vegas has the oldest continuously operating subgun match in the states.
Yes, it’s still going strong. 2nd Sunday of each month but shuts down in July and August for the summer.

In Idaho, there’s the IAWCA, but Covid killed the scheduled matches in 2020 and insurance is currently the issue stopping events this year.
https://iawca.org/

Last edited:

Nxsgrendel

Sorry for the late reply, where is this match near Kansas city? I've got this new M11/9 and I've been wanting to run a subgun match.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Not sure if they hold regularly scheduled matches, but there used to be (early 2000s) matches in the Memphis area. At the time, I had a couple of friends who were shooting Service Rifle matches there and they talked about it.

Scott C.

Big Sandy has a subgun match usually on the Saturday afternoon of the Fall and Spring shoot. You do not have to have a shooters badge to participate but do need a spectators badge. Consult their website: mgshooters.com

Garrett

Is the Nebraska subgun match near Scott’s Bluff still taking place? Seems like they did one each summer.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Michigan State Subgun Match is tentatively slotted for the weekend of 8/12/2023 (per reliable sources).

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter