Reising quit running

twin9553

After running great for over a year my reising has become a single shot.
I have completely disassembled, cleaned ,and installed all new springs, but it won't run. I can hold the trigger back and everything seems to work dry firing . The hook stays engaged and when I push forward on the op rod the hammer falls but if I try to live fire I have to keep letting off the trigger to reset it. Which Spring is causing this ? Or am I totally overlooking the obvious?

Strangeranger

By virtue of the fact that it sears up even when it's not supposed to, the sear and sear spring are obviously OK.
That leaves two possibilities:
Either the connector is not tripping the sear but since it does that in manual operation it seems unlikely that this is the issue
Or the disconnector is somehow overriding the connector rather than the other way around

I would look closely at the disconnector for wear, burrs etc. and check the trigger return spring for function

Strangeranger

Did a little more thinking about this problem and played with some parts
The innards of a Reising are mostly sheet metal stampings and sometimes get bent slightly out of shape. There are two things you have to remember about a Reising to keep it "healthy:"
Always put the gun on safe before cocking the action bar. This is not only safer but prevents damage to the extension on the selector which controls the disconnector. THIS EXTENSION IS THE FIRST PLACE TO LOOK for the cause of the malfunction you describe
Always move the action bar back about 1/4" or so (till you hear it click) when you're through firing in FA. This disengages and prevents strain on/damage to the connector

https://i.imgur.com/jpTWWwM.png

The leg that drops down from the front of the selector and the place it touches the connector are the prime suspects

Last edited:

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Not to muck up the conversation, just to make the point of think out of the box if in box thinking doesn't work - I had the same problem and it turned out to be a single pine needle stuck in the works. It was saturated in oil and almost black so it was hard to see. I know that it was in there before I owned the gun. It moved and bound things up.

gunguy45

Did a little more thinking about this problem and played with some parts
The innards of a Reising are mostly sheet metal stampings and sometimes get bent slightly out of shape. There are two things you have to remember about a Reising to keep it "healthy:"
Always put the gun on safe before cocking the action bar. This is not only safer but prevents damage to the extension on the selector which controls the disconnector. THIS EXTENSION IS THE FIRST PLACE TO LOOK for the cause of the malfunction you describe
Always move the action bar back about 1/4" or so (till you hear it click) when you're through firing in FA. This disengages and prevents strain on/damage to the connector

https://i.imgur.com/jpTWWwM.png

The leg that drops down from the front of the selector and the place it touches the connector are the prime suspects

I'll second the selector leg.
When I bought mine, I couldn't figure out why it would give 2, or 3 rounds in FA, then stop.
I took the selector off of the gun, & it ran fine in FA.
Bought a new selector, & it's run ever since. That was 1994.

Strangeranger

In the semi mode the horizontal tab at the bottom of the selector leg presses on top of the horizontal tab on the connector and holds the connector out of engagement with the action bar. If the selector leg tab touches the horizontal tab (or anything else) on the connector when the selector is set on FA, the gun will run semi. Typically it can get bent slightly and will just catch the front edge of the tab on the connector. It's also possible that something in the FCG is simply loose and allows either the selector or the connector to move just enough to make contact but the problem does not appear when things are being moved manually.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter