Recommended reading: Enemies Foreign and Domestic

tommygun2000

Just finished reading it cover to cover. Absolutely OUTSTANDING!!!

I would like the next two signed for each of my grandsons. I'll email you.

To anyone who has not read it, GET IT!, READ IT! and pass it on.

Thanks for a job well done Matt, I look forward to your next one.

I felt like I was right there with them throughout the whole book.

A must read.

Matt Bracken

Tommygun2000
I'm glad you enjoyed it, some folks complain about the ending. It ain't all sweetness and light, that's for sure. But that would not be realistic, considering the future we seem to be facing. BTW, if you wouldn't mind, would you wander over to my Amazon.com page and post a mini review like the one you wrote here? Thanks!

It was great meeting Dave Gaboury at the SHOT Show, he was doing a great job of carrying the UziTalk flag! What an experience the SHOT is. Beyond belief.

Matt

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/103-4526156-8653446?v=glance&s=books

Matt Bracken

RoverDave, It was great seeing you at the SHOT, that was quite an experience, wasn't it? I felt like an ant at a picnic, I was only able to sample maybe 10% of the more than 3,000 tables. Plus, I spent 80% of my time at the Accu-Shot booth in LE, so I barely saw the big rooms. All in all, it's a mind blowing experience to be there. Almost anybody can wangle an attendee pass with some kind of gun-related pretext, I HIGHLY recommend it for next year! But get hotel reservations, early, don't be a moron like me!

Matt

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Matt, it was a pleasure meeting you at the show. It's always fun to visit with someone friendly, knowledgeable and interesting like yourself. I hope the show was productive in terms of marketing and selling your book.

I agree that the show was tremendous and I'd highly recommend it. You can hit the Interent and track down information on most of the products you see at the show, but there's no substitute for handling the products and talking directly to the manufacturers. It really gives you a chance to hear "the rest of the story." For example, I stopped by the Starlight Cases booth and talked to the guy that owns the company. I asked him about the Wal-mart deal and he told me about how his son-in-law had set up the deal for nearly 10,000 cases and how it hurt his business significantly when Wal-Mart slashed prices. Needless to say there won't be any more Wal-Mart deals after they run out of this stock.

I had great discussions with many of the vendors regarding UZI related stuff that and I'll be working that info into the library along with a summary of the SHOT show itself.

I got my autographed copy of Matt's book at the show. Matt, I decided to use the plane ride home to work on a show writeup for UZI Talk rather than starting on the book. I'll start in a couple of days when I get caught up. I can't wait!

Here's a picture of the man himself selling his product at the show.

matt.jpg

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
In case people don't know, Matt has published this book on his own rahter than work through the standard book publishers that give new authors little chance at success. What that means is that if you read Matt's book and like it, he's counting on you to spread the word. Based on the feedback I've seen here, it should be easy to spread the word.

Of course Matt is working hard at doing his own marketing. As I left the show one day, I saw this in the Convention Center parking lot. Keep spreading the word Matt!

enemiesad.jpg

Matt Bracken

That's not just a minivan, that's a Nissan Quest. Best car I ever had. I'm a family man, what the hay? I've even taken kids to soccer practice in it, and I'll admit it. I'm secure in my masculinity: I've been through SEAL training and sailed across the Pacific from Panama to Guam solo. So yes, I will proudly stand and say,

I DRIVE A MINIVAN!!!!

GreenMtnTac

UZI Talk Life Member
Matt, I was looking for your book on Amazon and it says

"Availability: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. If you would like to purchase this title, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available."

What gives?

Matt Bracken

GunWares: It's a peculiar Amazon hassle. They don't delist old first edition Amazon pages, on the theory that there is an ongoing market for used books. Somewhere on that page it should say "all editions" or something, which clicks you to the new edition. Here's the link to the current new-and-improved less typos and better paper 2nd edition EFAD Amazon page.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/103-4526156-8653446?v=glance&s=books

Funker

UZI Talk Supporter
Minivan

I call mine a troop transport.It the only way to get the squad from scouts to soccer. here's alittle insight into the life of a Father of Four.:argue :argue (He's touching me ,he won't give it back,thats mine,Are we there yet):D

Last edited:

Matt Bracken

Funker: "Troop transport," I like that! In my case it's more like a "HazMat" or high-explosives van. My kids are knicknamed "Nitro" and "Glycerin." We have the van to put distance between the little angels to reduce the explosions.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
Matt, all kidding aside, love the book so far, thanks very much for the birthday present. ;)

Matt Bracken

Yep, that one's gotten around! All the time that AK-47 has been selling my book, they've been running rotating banners. Pretty good exposure!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter