RDIAS

Billy F

I already have a Colt M 16, but a friend has offered me a steel RDIAS for $9,000.00. No gun just sear. I was in the market for one back when thay were $4,500.00 but now around $9,000.00 seems to be the going price. Tell me what you think. Before you ask he really don't want to sell but like myself is getting a few miles on hiself and doesn't shoot as much as he once did. So if I want it he will sell otherwise he will hold on to it and leave to his boys or may sell in a few years when he retires. Almost forgot it is not a married sear.

tony k

FFL/C&R
I know of several steel RDIAS that have sold for $10,000 in recent months. So I'd say $9k is an excellent price.

drw

UZI Talk Life Member
The M16 is a very flexible platform which an RDIAS expands on!
Several lower receivers are now manufactured which the reg'd sear will make full-auto.

AR-47 uses AK-47 mags

Tommy 15 uses Suomi 72 round drums

Aries Defense/Shrike uses the SAW ammo box

The greatest value as far as I am concerned is that replacement lowers are cheap.
$9000 sounds like a good deal today!

soflasmg

I can't accept reality yet.

That's still an assload of money for a tiny gun part.

Note to self. Reread this post in one year.

NN4S

soflasmg said:
I can't accept reality yet.

That's still an assload of money for a tiny gun part.

Note to self. Reread this post in one year.

At least you're getting more for your money than you would be with a Lightning Link... :D

soflasmg

I've got RDIAS fever now.

Say that I have a sear with proper paper trail, taxes, blah blah blah. In other words completely legal and above board.

What has to be done to the rifle to make it work FA.

Can I do it? Does the person installing have to be a master gunsmith? What other parts need to be changed?

Thanks guys.

carcass

UZI Talk Supporter
soflasmg said:

Say that I have a sear with proper paper trail, taxes, blah blah blah. In other words completely legal and above board.

Can I do it? Does the person installing have to be a master gunsmith? What other parts need to be changed?

Thanks guys.

You want to go here

It has all the info you need.

soflasmg

Thanks Carcass,

Another example of Uzitalk being the best firearms forum.

carcass

UZI Talk Supporter
soflasmg said:
Thanks Carcass,

Another example of Uzitalk being the best firearms forum.

No problem; just don't go raising the market price of RDIASes before I can get my hands on one! :D

Mario_FAMOInc

UZI Talk Supporter, More toys!
soflasmg said:

Thanks guys.

I have two RDIAS now and had three. I traded one to this guy to get a Mini Uzi and a Sterling from him. It was a good deal for me since the guy didn't have any cash and was willing to take a"loss" to get the RDIAS. The guy is now selling the same RDIAS ( HERE. ) for $10,000. He must still be hard up for money because the RDIAS is like new and ran great for me. If he could wait until spring I would buy it back.

The link above to Quarterbore's site is a good place to go for info on the RDIAS. One thing about it though is that the drill bit size measurements in his instructions for timing the RDIAS do not apply to all types and styles of RDIASs. All I can say to help is that the hammer should trip as late as possible after the bolt comes to a complete close.

All of my AR-15s are Bushmasters which the various RDIAS that I own ( FB Whitman, S.W.D., Wilson ) drop right into and work well in so I can't give any good info on other hosts suitability.

I like the RDIAS over the RR if only because they can be moved if the host becomes damaged.

Mario

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter