Quick Change M4 Upper???

cookie

Founder
I hadn't seen this before, but headpsacing shouldn't be an issue due to the AR-15/M16 rotating/locking bolt design. If I owned one of these, I'd probably have a dedicated bolt & carrier for each barrel, but it wouldn't be absolutely necessary. Of course, as easy as the uppers are to change - if you always swap out the barrel, bolt, and carrier together, why not just swap uppers?

montana_jeepn

UZI Talk Supporter
Well MGI is a gov contractor, and I emailed the fellow for more information about it (accuracy change between barrel swaps, reliablity, etc) but haven't heard back yet. I'll post what I find out.

M_J

tony k

FFL/C&R
cookie, to me the advantage is when you're in a Betamag State of Mind (apologies to Billy Joel) and want to run through a LOT of ammo in a short time. If you're really cooking those barrels and need to swap between four or five of 'em, it's cheaper to just buy stripped HBARs for $150 each than it is to buy complete uppers for $500.

The inventor swears the cammed QD system sets the correct headspace automatically. You're right, on a conventional upper, the headspace is not adjustable and is set by the barrel/bolt interface. Perhaps he has found a way around that issue? We'll see.

Another high-volume advantage IMHO is that since you swap out the gas tube whenever you switch barrels, it is in effect a gas tube QD system as well: Melt one and you can replace it in seconds. (Not that I ever abuse my '16 to the point of melting a gas tube, of course!) ;)

montana_jeepn

UZI Talk Supporter
Here is a letter I received from the distributor. I didn't realize it until I went to the site, these are the same folks that make the D-Fender that fits around your extraction spring on your M16. If I had the extra pesos, I think I would try one out.

Hi,
Thanks for your interest.
The link to our factory website is http://www.mgimilitary.com/qcb.htm
Our own testing showed complete reliability and repeatability with both AR15 and M16. Over 2 years of development/testing have been done on this unit.
Testing articles are currently being written by some of the major publications.
I have feedback from many users on our other products such as the adjustable gastube, D-Fender extraction improvement kit, rate/recoil reducing buffer system, but this QCB product is so new that there are no units in the hands of private users yet.
I literally have the first production unit in my hands right now.
Any orders from this Ebay ad will be shipped to the buyer directly from the MGI factory.
I am the factory authorized sales rep for MGI.
You can purchase direct from the MGI website if you want, but it is the same as purchasing from me, with the same pricing and units.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Thank you,
Tom Lyons
MGI

cookie

Founder
tony k said:
cookie, to me the advantage is when you're in a Betamag State of Mind (apologies to Billy Joel) and want to run through a LOT of ammo in a short time. If you're really cooking those barrels and need to swap between four or five of 'em, it's cheaper to just buy stripped HBARs for $150 each than it is to buy complete uppers for $500...

That makes sense.

dawg180

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
I have not bought one, but i have handled and fire one. Barrel locks in rock solid, and has very repeatable zero. If I needed another AR upper I would definitely get one of these.

Dawg

montana_jeepn

UZI Talk Supporter
I think Ebay dropped all "evil" gun parts. I know they canceled a couple of my auctions. A couple weren't even gun parts, ie an uzi bayonet.

M_J

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter