Price check on an SKS

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
I have a 1968 Chinese SKS with the pyramid 26 serial number 12,217xxx. Beautiful gloss stock. Fitted for a scope but doesn't have one on it. I have pictures but this site says they are too large to post and I'm not smart enough to make them smaller. Has the banana clip, original rear and front sights. No bayonet. In great shape overall, perfect bore. Just a round the park value please.

Jim

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
I recently sold two Chinese Type 56 rifles for $500 each on Gunbroker. If you have the SKS-D with detachable AK magazines, they are closer to $700

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
https://truegunvalue.com/

The above sight is a good reference. It will also show recent sale prices for the gun. Also on Gun Broker if you have an account you can go to Advance feature & see what firearms have recently sold for.
Brenbuilds is right on pricing. In the store that I work in we have also seen SKSs go for between $500 & $700 depending on condition.

Deerhurst

From my limited knowledge the triangle 26 guns are very very common.

Collectors will often drift towards stuff like the SKS-D or guns with unusual marking like my DP marked SKS.

IMHO $500 is insane for an SKS but if that's what people are wanting to spend and can spend on something like an SKS, more power to them

The ones in my LGS are marked around $550 and have been sitting for months. One is good, one is tapco bubba and one is meh. All with Mason mags.

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
Thanks everyone. Put it on Facebook and had 4 people call to buy it in 4 hours. You guys need to sell there! Lol. Since Facebook is anti gun I had to be clever in describing it. "One Sierra Kilo Sierra boom stick with a detachable banana pew pew holder for sale $800. Made in 1968. Looks like it's hardly ever been used. Missing the toad sticker. Comes with a short pew pew holder. Perfect bore. Been adapted for a scope. PM me for better descriptions." Sold in 25 minutes of posting.

Jim

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter