Post yer Maccuracy!

DistalRadius

Like most people my M11/9 is mostly used for F/A blasting at 15-35 yards so I always paid little attention to deliberate semi-auto accuracy at range. So what kind of actual groups are you guys honestly getting out of your pistol caliber Macs in semi-auto at distance? Curious what others are getting in the real world so post your experience here.

Host: Max-31Mk1, 4.5"bbl, suppressed (YHM Wraith XL), Lage F/A only Competition trigger (drums were single-loaded to allow clean trigger pull) from a bench on a heavy bipod
Ammo: Tula 115gr 9mm steel-cased
Optic: Swampfox 1-6x LVPO
Range: 100yds
Results: Pretty miserable. Couldn't really get the optic properly zeroed at that range, even accounting for the significant drop. Bolt lurch caused the groups to open up pretty wide, much larger than my 10" targets. I'd say I was getting groups of at least 14" or more. Not pretty.
Notes: I did notice that the gun seems more accurate in bursts at that range, seems to level out significantly after the first initial bolt lurch.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Minute of phone booth?

Never tried my M10 in semi.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Minute of phone booth?

Never tried my M10 in semi.

Is there a semi-auto position available on a MAC? I never noticed.

Machineguns are just long range shotguns, nothing more. You shoot a burst at an area not a point of aim. Seriously.

Galil#1

Not your TAC-50 indeed friends.
Bullet hose, spray n pray, and good times++ comes to mind more often.
Chris Kyle with pew pew pew we are not/never ever IMHO.

JackBlundell

Host: M11/9 with Gray Ghost Upper and Lage M11/22 Kit
Ammo: CCI Velocitor, 400 rounds fired last week
Optic: SIG Romeo 5
Range: 10 to 25 yards, full auto only at an IDPA target
Results:

At 10 yards, all body shots were within the 8" "down zero" scoring zone. All head shots hit the six inch "head zone".

At 15 yards, all body shots were within the 8" "down zero" zone.

At 25 yards, ~80% of body shots were within the "down zero" zone, and all shots were within the 18" high x 12" wide "down one" zone.

To summarize, I get one minute-of-bad-guy at 25 yards with this setup.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I take the trip out of all my macs, just makes things simpler and allows the best trigger (the lage competition).

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
I take the trip out of all my macs, just makes things simpler and allows the best trigger (the lage competition).

This is the way to go. Not a match trigger, but much improved over the stock.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I was tearing up a 10" steel AR500 plate at 60 ft with my 20" barrel Max-11A1/15 and M855 ammo. Almost cut a hole through the center. Will post pics when I'm done.

It's beautiful man.
601px-TapsM60-6.jpg

Deerhurst

With the Max10/31 on semi I can ring steel (2/3 IPSC targets) all day long at 140-160 yards.

With the OE 45 upper I will say barely qualifies as area effect at 180 yards on semi. It's that bad. It will happily ring the same target at 50 yards though.

I should see what I can do for groups with it. Could be fun!

Wonder if I could talk my buddy out of his Arc barrel and try to do sub minute groups on a Mac! Ha!! Seriously though, that Arc barrel he has will do repeatable hits on 4" steel at 700. It's ridiculous and amazing. I can't shoot nearly that good.

Last edited:

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
With the factory 16" carbine uppers on my M11/9 and M10's on semi they are pretty accurate. I have only shot them out to maybe 75-80 yards because I am using the factory sights and cant see much past that anymore without magnification. At those distances I can ring a plate all day long with carbine uppers.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I was tearing up a 10" steel AR500 plate at 60 ft with my 20" barrel Max-11A1/15 and M855 ammo. Almost cut a hole through the center. Will post pics when I'm done.

It's beautiful man.
601px-TapsM60-6.jpg

Be careful with that pitted steel my friend. It can ricochet off those craters.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Depending on the plate it'll also bend it. My 3/8 AR500 round is now a bowl from being pummeled.

I love an interesting turned knull bowl. Wood turners love burls on trees. I can't pass a tree with a burl without thinking of the potential. I know what a wood turner can do with one. May have to use it as a center piece. May I be so lucky.

Growth_on_tree_trunk_-_geograph.org.uk_-_724687.jpg

product_55442.jpg

Last edited:

DistalRadius

...aaand phonebooth joke in the first response. Predictable enough. Check the thread tags.

rs_450x253-180812113531-500-kanye-west-jimmy-kimmel-live-080918.gif

So seriously, almost none of you guys have ever actually grouped your gun? Like, as in single shots at 50-100 yards or so?

I'm gonna check my other uppers the next time I'm out and get some harder numbers.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Never grouped, but I could hit 10" plates @ 100yds regular with a carbine upper

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Honestly, I did not buy an open bolt machine gun to see if I could get tight groups. Mostly I just love to see the faces of people who think I'm stupidly wasting ammo. I love to make freedom noise.
Pla-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket-ket!
BallisticInk_Men_of_Arms_Accuracy_by_Volume_Mens_Tshirt_Light_Gray.jpg

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Yea if you're not doing full auto groups of >= 3, you're not testing machinegun accuracy. All you really tested is first round accuracy, which is not good.

Deerhurst

Yea if you're not doing full auto groups of >= 3, you're not testing machinegun accuracy. All you really tested is first round accuracy, which is not good.

A group buy definition is more than 1 round. Usually 5 rounds is accepted to establish a group. First round will be cold bore.

Machine gun accuracy has a lot to do with the shooter vs the gun. I know guys that can't hit a 2/3 plate at 25 yards with my Mac on FA where I can ring much further all day on semi.

It's fun to try to group with things that were never designed for it. Always fun to push the limits on something. That's why I try groups with an open bolt sub gun, 700 yard shots with an AKSU, rapid fire groups with a DPM offhand, you name it!

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
First round on a Mac is harder to control than a 3 rd burst for me personally. I can't even defend why, but it is so. When I try and set my sights based off single shots, it ends up way off in full auto.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter