Post sample Ar10

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
My new machine gun buddy is old time SOT and it’s not his primary business. He doesn’t use gun forums and is struggling to finish his AR10 build. He drilled the 3rd hole in the same relative position as his m16 but alas the sear was too short. I pointed this out for him and made a longer sear to engage the rear of the bolt.

Now he’s getting crazy light strikes in full auto. His timing is definitely off. Any suggestions for him moving forward?

timkel

Bolt bounce? Did he try a heavier buffer?

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
The tutorial I linked to gives how to test timing. Then he could adjust the release point until the timing matched the specs listed. If the M16 auto sear was extended, I would think that that extension could be bent forward or back to adjust the timing.

Scott

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Light strikes means hammer following like the auto sear isn’t even there.

Timed too early.

The sear is being tripped before the bolt is fully forward.

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
The tutorial I linked to gives how to test timing. Then he could adjust the release point until the timing matched the specs listed. If the M16 auto sear was extended, I would think that that extension could be bent forward or back to adjust the timing.

Scott

I sent my buddy les that article. Thanks Scott, I think that may solve his problem

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter