New to HK need suggestions for DLO Box

secondofangle

If you buy a DLO box, you know or ought to know it’s an SEF pack period. If you want burst Navy etc you get a sear.

Mike told me he did a couple but charged $2500 to do it and people said it was gouging. But he said he charged enough that he could afford to replace it if it got screwed up. And that he had seen some irreparably screwed up by an attempt to convert them.

Anybody who wants to is free to do as they please if they can find a willing smith. But why would you? DLO boxes get a premium and you can sell it and get a sear if you want burst. And if you do ask why? Almost nobody puts a 4 position in an M16 and NOBODY uses burst internals because full auto is just fine. Having said that I really don’t want to turn this into an SEF vs Navy pack thread. Suffice it to say I bought a DLO box bc that’s what I wanted fully accepting it is for SEF packs exclusively.

ETA that I didn’t even ask Mike at TSC about converting the DLO box he *volunteered* a recommendation that if I ever considered it I should think again.

JoshNC

Buy what you want. Life is too short to compromise. If you want tons of hosts and have a budget, buy clones. If you want German, buy German. Personally I bought German hosts for my DLO box and Fleming sear. I like German HKs, so that’s the direction I chose.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Buy what you want. Life is too short to compromise. If you want tons of hosts and have a budget, buy clones. If you want German, buy German. Personally I bought German hosts for my DLO box and Fleming sear. I like German HKs, so that’s the direction I chose.

Well said - " Life is too short to compromise"

‘Only those who dare, truly live.’’ – Enzo Ferrari

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter