New ar15 trigger slap inducing full auto simulator.

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
I had to buy two of the WOT's to test and neither one worked in AR15s that the FRT15 worked in . After a few phone calls they feel that the pins that go thru the unit were undersized and they are sending me new ones.Its a wait and see. They claimed that the first units had undersized pins that would result in excess play

They sent me replacement pins (they said the silver finish ones were the problems, the black finish ones were ok). I got them, swapped them out, and it didn't solve the problems.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I don't have a dog in this fight but I'm guessing the fact these are castings plus the rush to get them sold before the BATF sends them a love letter has a lot to do with it.

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
They sent me replacement pins (they said the silver finish ones were the problems, the black finish ones were ok). I got them, swapped them out, and it didn't solve the problems.

Concorde-Mine didnt work either with the correct pins-I had hammer follow with light strikes(no detonation) and one where I could not retract the bolt
so I just went back to FRT15s.When you say it did not solve the problem, Tell us what types of malfunctions occured

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
When you say it did not solve the problem, Tell us what types of malfunctions occured

Sorry, same as yours. First shot goes bang, cycles and loads a new round, but the hammer is down with no detonation and light strike. Hand cycle to eject unfired round and load another, and again you get one bang and then hammer follow on the next loaded round.

I called WOT after changing pins and the problem was still there, and the manager says, "Blow it out with air and put in a lot of oil... these sometimes have burrs and they need a lot of oil during break-in." WTF? I haven't tried that yet, but there's not going to BE any break-in if you only get one shot per trigger pull without cycling out an unfired round every time!

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Works
One
Time

:dunno

Is there anyone out there with a WOT trigger than runs?
I did contact a tech rep who gave me his contact info- I asked if i ordered more triggers
if they would run and he went silent and never responded.

ATF wont bother them since it is truly a single shot!!
Works
One
Time

Bret

I'm thoroughly confused. What does Big Daddy Unlimited have to do with this?

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Big Daddy Was the exclusive distributor for the Rare Breed Trigger since Rare Breed president had a long and good relationship with one of the Big Daddy
execs. When ATF went after Rare Breed, Big Daddy turned tail, and went with the copycat(WOT) and now is selling the Wide Open Trigger
and not big Daddy. Rare Breed is currently suing both Big Daddy and WOT for patent infringement and rightfully so in my layman's opinion.
What Big Daddy is also guilty of is "Confusion" When you type in FRT on the Big Daddy Site, the WOT trigger pops up or at least it did unless they
removed that feature.

Last edited:

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/rarebreedfirearms/

RB now says both sides met with the fed judge again. Judge ruled that RB has no legal protection to continue making triggers, but RB is not ordered to stop making/selling then either. RB says they will continue to make and sell triggers until a final ruling is made, which could be months.

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
I am not an attorney And this document is from the Court where Rare Breed is suing ATF

It doesnt look good- I hope that I am wrong.. 2nd page is one the left, First Page is on the right

Attachments

• rare breed 1.jpg
    rare breed 1.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 265
  • rare breed 2.jpg
    rare breed 2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
Not a lawyer. If the case is dismissed without prejudice...can they not refile?

slimshady

"Parties" implies both parties in the case have to file a case management report, which was not done. The footnote stating if the defense is the sole one responsible for the failure the court can reconsider on that basis. Kinda confusing, on the one hand it sounds like if the defendant fails to file a paper the case gets thrown out, which would seem to be the perfect out. Get sued, just ignore it and the court makes it go away. Which can't be right, so then you would think the plaintiff was the one who didn't file, but since the lawyer for the plaintiff has a big stake in this he would be making damn sure everything got filed in a timely manner.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
So what's the latest? Suit dismissed and they're done I thought, but I still keep getting "only 250 triggers available" emails.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter