My Life Journey With Smith & Wesson

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Book-preview.gif

A new book called My Life Journey with Smith & Wesson by Dwayne W. Charron, former director of research and development at Smith & Wesson, has recently been release. The book reveals the behind-the-scene story of several Smith & Wesson firearms, including the Model 76 submachine gun, which will be of interest to most readers of this forum. The book can be ordered at My Life Journey with Smith and Wesson.

Many thanks to Dwayne Charron for taking the time to capture this history for all of us to enjoy. Thanks also to his son Dean W. Charron (uzitalk member Son-of-a-gun-designer) for his help promoting the book and bringing it to our attention. I wish Dwayne and Dean great success with this book project and encourage all of the Smith & Wesson fans here to get a copy of the book while it lasts.

RoverDave

Son-of-a-gun-designer

UZI Talk Life Member
Own a Piece of Smith & Wesson History

First of all, "Thanks" to all the forum members who have purchased a copy of my father's book, "My Life Journey with Smith & Wesson" and to Rover Dave for promoting my dad's book.

For those of you not familiar with my father, he is Dwayne W. Charron and he was the head of Research and Development at Smith & Wesson during what I like to think of as their glory days. My father was employed at S&W for 47 years and he says, "Not one day did I ever not look forward to going to S&W." His book chronicles all 47 years, from his start pushing the sandwich and coffee cart to his final days as a docent at the S&W museum.

Book_Cover_Image.jpg

When we published my dad's book this past September, we did a special Collector's Edition, which was signed by my father and numbered--we are only issuing 500 copies of this edition and it is nearly sold out.

In his Forward in the book, Roy Jinks mentions D. B. Wesson, Charles A. King, James Bullard, Joseph Wesson, Douglas Wesson and Joe Norman. Mr. Jinks puts my father at the end of that list as one of the company's legendary gun designers.

By putting a Collector's Edition copy of "My Life Journey with Smith & Wesson" in your gun book library, you will be adding a tangible piece of Smith & Wesson history to your collection--my father's signature--not to mention you will discover information that only an insider like my father would know.

My dad is now 87 and my goal is to get his story in the hands of as many gun enthusiasts as I can. I am so thankful that my father was able to get his knowledge and experience in writing before it was lost to the ages.

If you want to learn more about my father's book, please visit our website.

Thank you,

Dean W. Charron
dwcharron@yahoo.com
son-of-a-gun-designer

Last edited:

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Web site is dead as in for sale dead. through go daddy.

and the book seems to be out of print already as I can't find a copy.

Anyone know where I would get a copy of this book?

I don't have the 76 but I did buy a clone. also have a few Smith handguns so it might be worth my time to read.

billsail

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a copy. Maybe 10 to 13 pages on the S&W76. A lot of history about Smith and
Wesson company though. It was published by DWC Associates (this is the author), 4 Barnard Road, Granville, MA 01034. WWW.MLJWSW.com. This email is not good.

You could send them a letter and see if they have any left.

Bill

timkel

Root,
I have one I'll sell you. email or PM me if interested?

timkel

Book sold....Payment received...Will ship today.. I only had one copy.

MAC MAN

UZI Talk Life Member
Contact S&W, I think they know how to find some or get some. I ordered mine from them.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Got the book today.

YA didn't mention it was signed or came with a Cert. of Auth. And numbered.

Can't read much of it tonight, just flipping through it, it is money well spent.
Thanks, Timkel

Positive I trader coming your way.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Book was a good read like the MAC MAN book if you have a gun that was made by S&W it's worth the money.

One day I'll sit down with the MAC MAN book and go through it page by page and see if my PS in 45 acp has the serial # listed as loaned out to either the proving grounds or over seas.

Was kinda cool in the S&W book to know there are X amount of 76's made and 1/2 of those are in the S&W vault.

Also has a very detailed drawing of the original silencer for the 76.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
No it's a short barrel with 3 spacers and 3 baffles. and he was issued a patented on it.
Most everything he did he was able to patent due to the originality of the tooling he built, and the guns he created.

He states the way the silencer is built it can be moved from gun to gun or not used at all. it's just a barrel swap.

mort

Does anyone have a copy of the book they're interested in selling?

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter