Model 2000 Suppressor - Anyone using one?

K2

Hi All,

This is the suppressor from Companion Shooting Supplies that sold with the Vector Uzis back 22 years ago. This suppressor replaces the barrel nut and uses the standard Uzi SMG barrel. Steel tube, B&T baffles, steel endcaps, really heavy, rather long, reasonably quiet.

I've had no trouble servicing mine. I have the "opportunity" to get another but I was wondering how it compares to the latest crop of available Uzi suppressors?

Any experience either way out there with these suppressors?

TIA,

K2

MarkV

Terry sold me one way back when and it's just as you observed. I like that it mounts in lieu of the barrel nut and is easy to clean; no prob in ultra sonic after 22 use. I use it with all three calibers, and the weight offsets any muzzle rise. If I had to carry it every day, I might look for something on the lighter side but it's fun for a day at the range.

I'd liken it to the '57 chevy or the B-52 of UZI cans, but it suits for the stamped steel full sized gun. It's now approaching 20 years of intermittent use and it should last beyond my lifetime for the next caretaker.

Eric

UZI Talk Supporter
I have been very satisfied with my CSS 2000. I use it on my Uzi and, with an adapter, my SWD M-11/9. I prefer it to my AWC Mk 9 which also has an Uzi barrel nut type mount.

Last edited:

bwnva

I've got one with my Vector UZI in about 2002/2003. It is heavy and could be used as a club. It was my first suppressor and I love it. Very quiet with IMI blue tip (But they don't make it anymore) or PPU or Fiocchi 158 grain ball. I also shoot .22 Lr conversion through it and also nice and quiet (Of course it has lots of volume). Easy to take apart and unique German/Swiss Design. It has kind of a dual mount as not only does it attach in place of the barrel nut, the barrel slips into a collet that keep everything nice and square. But have to watch the barrels, I've had some that would not fit in the collet as it is a very close tolerance. I just stick with ones that fit, but I guess you could lathe one up and turn it down or run some emory cloth on it. I would like to see some comparison to some of the other (newer) 9mm SMG suppressors on the market.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter