Mm 23e

Shattered

What’s the velocity of your ammo? 23’s LIKE to have 3100fps ammo. Not all of it Zips that fast. Also, they love oil and unless it’s broken in, it’ll be an jammo-matic. I actually have Mike’s first gun. He sold it to me and gave me all new guts. It took awhile to get it running. It’s almost advisable to run nothing but Tula or anything steel cased that’ll run at 3100-3200 fps reliably…with lotsa oil.
Pro tip…Melt a block of paraffin in a pan and toss your links in. Scoop’em out with a brass mesh scoop and dump’em out on a newspaper or cardboard. Wife bitches if Ido this on the table. The wax is an old Kraut trick they used for their MG-34s and 42s. Much better than oil or (shudder) WD-40.

GreaseGunner

I have a BPP23EK and it has an MM feed mech on it (no idea why, that’s how I got it) anyhow…I had to go over my gun to get it to run reliable as there were a few things that were slightly out of spec and wouldn’t allow it to run correctly. The number one thing I had with mine was the trunnion was ever so slightly misaligned and the bolt head would bind when feeding out of a tight link. 15 seconds with a dremel and the gun has been flawless ever since I found that. That being said, I did have to go over the MM feed mech and polish a few things as well as clean up a few burrs that may or may not have been causing issues. One big thing that helped was I got the top cover of the feed mech to look like a mirror where the belt feeds thru, it was really rough and causing undue drag on the belt.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
So you polished all the park off the top of your MM feed mech? Got a picture handy?

GreaseGunner

Had to dig the 23EK out of the safe. Pic won’t attach as it says it “too big”

SHURESHOT

UZI Talk Supporter
So far the only ammo I found to work consistent is pmc bronze on my bpp 23e. Otherwise it will not advance the belt every 5-10 rounds with various ammo. Been working on some reloads to see what I can do with that. Unfortunately there is a fire ban here so no shooting/testing reloads for now.

ig720

So far the only ammo I found to work consistent is pmc bronze on my bpp 23e. Otherwise it will not advance the belt every 5-10 rounds with various ammo. Been working on some reloads to see what I can do with that. Unfortunately there is a fire ban here so no shooting/testing reloads for now.
How many rounds have you fired since new? Sounds like the PMC is much hotter. Have you tried any wolf steel case?

SHURESHOT

UZI Talk Supporter
Think it's around 1k+ Tried Wolf Tula Some other steel I had, 62gr military and 55gr military. So far pmc bronze is the only one that I can run a 100 rnd belt with no stoppages.

Gaffshot

All of the steel cased ammo is on the lowest end of the power spectrum. It's all basically weak 223 ammo. PMC Bronze 223 is a little hotter than steel case but it's still not considered hot or full powered compared to 556 rounds. Both XM193 55grain and M855 62 grain are both full power .556 rounds and will probably give you the best performance. I don't yet have a 23e but I have chrono'd all of these rounds out of 16" ARs.

GreaseGunner

The one thing I’ve found with mine was that it took about 400-500 rounds to get it broke in and running well. Mine loves steel case Tula and wolf as well as all brass case munitions I’ve fed it.

I’ve learned that each one of these guns is completely different and what works on one, doesn’t on the other.

JoshNC

I think the steel case is more resilient in resisting crush/deformation in the feed mech. A friend’s gun would not reliably run brass case of any variety, was better (not 100%) with steel case.

Shattered

All of the steel cased ammo is on the lowest end of the power spectrum. It's all basically weak 223 ammo. PMC Bronze 223 is a little hotter than steel case but it's still not considered hot or full powered compared to 556 rounds. Both XM193 55grain and M855 62 grain are both full power .556 rounds and will probably give you the best performance. I don't yet have a 23e but I have chrono'd all of these rounds out of 16" ARs.
Not what I’ve found at all.The Wolf and Tula both chrono at 3000 and higher out of my 23 and HK33.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter