Mini Uzi FA Heavy Bolts

barrelxchange

UZI Talk Life Member
As with most things the original plan went to heck.
Was hoping to have had the bolts done by now but my cnc ship picked up a DOD contract and my run got bumped.
I am talking to a couple of other shops getting quotes now. Will initiate the run after the new year.

I don't have a hard price right now but would figure in the $650 range for a heavy bolt. $450 for a plain bolt.
All will have extractors.

I will be making both 9mm and 45acp bolts for the mini's. Plain or Heavy.
Can notch them for Micro's also($50 extra).

If you have contacted me already about a bolt I have your email.
I will update this post as things move along.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Troy
barrelxchangeATaol.com

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Hi Troy - appreciate the update !!!
Have a great Christmas
— Matt

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
It's been awhile since I contacted you directly, but I will try again.
Def interested in some Mini bolts. All flavors.
It's been a long drought....
Maybe you will post here as well?
May 2023 be the year! Finally!

barrelxchange

UZI Talk Life Member
Quotes are in and we should be starting production next week.
I am double checking the count and will do a little over run.

Standard bolts will be $435.00 shipped, either 9mm or 45 acp.
Heavy bolts should be $650 shipped. (need to get updated tungsten price)

I need to send final count to the machine shop by Friday.

Thanks

Troy

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Troy, do you need us to formally email you with an order, or post here?

I didn't know there was a heavy bolt for .45? You'd think a heavy round like that would already be "slow"? Is it noticeably slower?

Can the weights be removed and run standard, or the best of both worlds involves needing two bolts?

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Glad these are finally going into production. I am still in for the bolts and barrels that I emailed you about back in October. If you need a new email conformation just let me know and I will do that as well. I just don't want to flood your inbox if you don't need more emails.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Can the weights be removed and run standard, or the best of both worlds involves needing two bolts?
Here is an old picture of one that Troy sent me back in the day for testing. It was in the white. You can see you could remove the tungsten pellets as desired. Top plate is also tungsten. I have to find a pic of the various configs like the weights all removed or maybe just take new pics....I would assume/hope new batch would be the same modular design.
bolt_dis.jpg

barrelxchange

UZI Talk Life Member
The bolts are the same configuration, modular. I have made steel sets for guys that want to "tune the weight. I would offer that after the run is finished.

I do remember Amphibian once trying the bolt completely stripped and it dumped a 32rd mag in like a second. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

In regards to the 45. With the short stroke of the Mini it still runs fast. The extra weight definitely slows down the ROF. You should be able to pull singles without too much effort.

I have kept everyone's emails for the last 3 years on the heavy bolts. If you haven't emailed me please do. email : barrelxchangeATaol.com
You will he hearing from me shortly.

Troy

barrelxchange

UZI Talk Life Member
Steel is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Should have bolts starting to go out around the end of Feb. Planning on having all orders out by end of March.

Over 80% of the run is spoken for.

barrelxchange

UZI Talk Life Member
Production booking is now closed for this last run. All bolts are spoken for.
Machining has started on the steel bodies.
Tungsten quote should be in tomorrow and I will finalize all prices to include shipping.

Anyone that ordered a standard bolt should see those around the end of the month.
My lead time for receiving the tungsten is 5-7 weeks. Heavy slow fire bolts should all be shipped by the end of March barring uncontrollable circumstances.

Deposit emails will go out this weekend.

Thank you

Troy

barrelxchange

UZI Talk Life Member
Hi Guys,

Emails have been sent to everyone on the list.

Production is well under way and time to send payments. Personal check or Postal MO only.
It is your option to send a 50% deposit or payment in full. I will email you when payment arrives.

I have finalized all cost and the bolt pricing is as follows.
Standard bolts, 9mm or 45acp are $455.00 shipped.
Heavy bolts, 9mm or 45acp are $685.00 shipped.

Some of you are requesting they be cut for a Micro.
Micro cut is an additional $75.00

There is 1 setback and that is extractors.
I was hoping to have included extractors for all of the bolts but my vendor did not come through for me.
I have contacted other suppliers and are waiting to hear back. That said.
9mm bolts will not be shipping with extractors. If I can locate enough at a reasonable price I will let you know.
No discount for not having the extractor.
The heavy bolts should be priced at $750 due to costs but because I was saying the estimated price would be in the $650 range I am capping it at $685.

Estimated time line:
All standard bolts should start shipping between the end of February to the 2nd week of March.
Heavy bolts will start shipping towards the end of March through April.
The tungsten doesn't arrive until mid March and it takes time to machine it.

Please don't email or call me asking about status as we get close to the ESTIMATED ship dates.
I do this as a hobby business and have several other companies I run during the week.
I will send out emails and post here as I have updates. When your item ships, I will send you an email with the tracking #.

If you are only sending a deposit I will notify you when the balance is due.

Some of you are requesting barrels also. Once all bolts are finished and shipped I will take barrel requests.

Thank you for waiting patiently all these years and I know you will enjoy the lower rof with the heavy bolts.
22 conv would be the next project, hopefully this summer.

Thank you,

Troy

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Good thing you posted here, Troy.
Never got an email.
Maybe you're still sending then out?
Not in spam folder BTW....

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Hopefully it's not an issue to post this question here? I thought it might be better than starting a new thread since it pertains directly and only to these bolts.
Can anyone explain how the Mini bolts can operate in a Mini after they've been "cut" to fit a Micro?
I'm torn because if the Mini upper has to be modified then that would require having an extra upper or have to be taking it apart constantly to replace the charging parts.
Ideally there could be an insert for the relieved bolt that could be easily removed for Micro use.
Anyone? Troy?

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Hopefully it's not an issue to post this question here? I thought it might be better than starting a new thread since it pertains directly and only to these bolts.
Can anyone explain how the Mini bolts can operate in a Mini after they've been "cut" to fit a Micro?
I'm torn because if the Mini upper has to be modified then that would require having an extra upper or have to be taking it apart constantly to replace the charging parts.
Ideally there could be an insert for the relieved bolt that could be easily removed for Micro use.
Anyone? Troy?
IMO, just buy a second top cover and modify the charging parts.

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter