M203 on the FNC

howdy

Does anyone have information on mounting an M203 to the FNC?

Stamp recently cleared and got to take my FNC home, and figured I'd at least see if my M203 would fit on it. The FNC does appear to have been designed to mount a M203, or at least designed with consideration to make doing so feasible. The timing would make sense as well, with the M203 being adopted by the US in the late 60s, FN designing the FNC in the mid 70s may have seen compatibility with this launcher as a good selling point to militaries they would be pitching to.

Info online regarding the M203 on the FNC is scarce, I see a mount/handguard for the AK5 which appears to be produced by Spuhr in Sweden, and a homebrew mounting on a FN CAL, but nothing on the FNC specifically. I guess with the Belgian army using rifle grenades, they did not adopt a grenade launcher, but perhaps there's something from the design stage considering some of the 'coincidences' in the design between the FNC and the M203 (barrel nut design, barrel taper allows M203 receiver to slip over at the front, curve on bottom of gas block matches and aligns with M203 receiver...).

Hopefully one of the FNC gurus here has some info.

dvader

I did this a while back when I still had my FA FNC. I already had the FNC, so when I went to purchase an M203, I purchased a rail mounted one and used a Picatinny rail front handguard from TBA. It was sweet!

howdy

I did this a while back when I still had my FA FNC. I already had the FNC, so when I went to purchase an M203, I purchased a rail mounted one and used a Picatinny rail front handguard from TBA. It was sweet!

That sounds awesome! I do have the TBA rail thanks to a member here. Maybe one day I should pick up a rail mounted launcher too. Do you have any photos of it mounted?

I was able to find a manual from the Swedish army of the M203 for the AK5 which shows the mounting method and hardware. I'm sure it would be next to impossible to get the hardware here, but the front and rear adapter pieces don't look like they would be difficult to fabricate for a knowledgeable machinist. Rear is a simple ring that adapts the diameter of the barrel nut to that of the M203 receiver, and front is a bracket that snaps over the handguard lugs. A simple handguard could be 3D printed.
Here are few photos from the manual:

Screenshot-20220630-110642-Office-Mobile.jpg

Screenshot-20220630-110715-Office-Mobile.jpg

Screenshot-20220630-110729-Office-Mobile.jpg

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter