m16 9mm suppressed upper ?

born_hard

amphibian said:
Why would overlapping be a problem for you?
Mine overlapps and its fine.
You a rail handguard, you can get the olympic FIRSH which is what I'm using.
For a regular free float a lot of places such as Model 1 sales sells pistol length FF handguards.

On Mark's ad on Subguns for his 9" and 5" upper it looks like they use the same handguards. I was just wondering if it was ok for the handguards to be longer then the barrel is? It appears that the barrel is a couple of inches shorter then the handguards are. I wasn't clear if that would present a problem if you shot the upper without a suppressor.

Last edited:

born_hard

Thanks amphibian...that just made life alittle easier. I appreciate you answering all my questions.

Dan0341

UZI Talk Life Member
born_hard said:
Ok, next question. Where can I find handguards that will fit a 5" upper? I don't really want the handguards to overlap the suppressor because I want to be able to fire it without the suppresor attached. Can carbine length handguards be cut?

I'm using a screw on uzi suppressor.

Here's a pic of my suppressed upper. Not a problem cutting aluminum handguards sold by Rock River Arms as I did it myself. For mor pics and info, click on the link: http://home.netcom.com/~uzisubgun/id4.html

Dan

m169andsuppressor.jpeg

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
Dan,

What did the Uzi block adapter cost??? I see it on there site but no price... Looks pretty neat... Btw what did the float tube go for?? I was looking for one, but for what everyone wants I was going to pass.... Cheapest I seen was $60 and they went over $120. For basically a cosmetic tube with a nut???

Dan0341

UZI Talk Life Member
The Hytech Mag adapter sells for $149.95, but I think it can be purchased elsewhere for cheaper? I remember someone discussing that a while ago, but can't remember details. When I bought the upper, the aluminum free float handguard was included. But, it's sold separately for $63.00 at http://www.rockriverarms.com This HG does not come with a separate nut as the HG is one piece and secures the barrel in place. Obviously, it's an extremely durable HG.

Dan

Paul556

UZI Talk Supporter
born_hard said:
Ok, next question. Where can I find handguards that will fit a 5" upper? I don't really want the handguards to overlap the suppressor because I want to be able to fire it without the suppresor attached. Can carbine length handguards be cut?

I'm using a screw on uzi suppressor.

If you want some of the barrel to stick out you have to use a pistol length hand guard. My barrel is 5.5” and just a fuzz of barrel is visible and all of the flash hider can be seen. Sorry for the sucky pictures, but here is how it looks without the suppressor and with the flash hider. The trick is if you want the suppressor to be under the hand guards you have to find a hand guard fat enough to fit your suppressor under it. This is not a problem with most suppressors, but mine is a Coastal and it has a 2” OD.

M16SD.jpg

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Yeah, my Gemtech MK9k has a 2" OD as well.
Below is a pic of my old setup which I used a KKF handguard that has an ID of a little over 2" that would allow my MK9k to go under it.

old_setup.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter