m11/9 fleming .22 upper rework

RevolverJockey

I kinda feel like things that have to use Minimags aren't worth having. Maybe it is because I can load 9mm cheaper than I can buy Minimags. Hopefully, I will be able to smooth up and lightweight mine enough to run on federal bulk. Here is a model of the extractor based on the one I removed from my kit. I will probably make some changes and fabricate a few tomorrow if anyone wants to give one a try as a beta test let me know.
Lee
2021-11-18_14-21-52.jpg

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
Here is a model of the extractor based on the one I removed from my kit. I will probably make some changes and fabricate a few tomorrow if anyone wants to give one a try as a beta test let me know.

PM sent. I have my two Fleming kits I can use.

yticllik

I kinda feel like things that have to use Minimags aren't worth having. Maybe it is because I can load 9mm cheaper than I can buy Minimags. Hopefully, I will be able to smooth up and lightweight mine enough to run on federal bulk. Here is a model of the extractor based on the one I removed from my kit. I will probably make some changes and fabricate a few tomorrow if anyone wants to give one a try as a beta test let me know.
Lee
View attachment 36946

fleming kit owner here. pm sent.

RevolverJockey

I popped out a few today. I am sure this will be an iterative process, but I will get in touch with the folks that sent a PM and get them sent out for testing.
Lee
Test 1.jpg

RevolverJockey

Test fitting in my upper was a bit inconclusive. I am going to revise the design a bit and make a second version. For those in my PMs inquiring about it, I will send one of each when they are ready to test out and provide feedback.
Lee

Here is the latest model:
Version 2.jpg

Last edited:

GaGunner

UZI Talk Supporter
You might want to check the barrel and make sure there is no bulge in it. I say this because the first Fleming kit I had ran great, until is suddenly stopped working. It would feed, but had problems ejecting the empty casings, as if the ammo had lost power. I can not recall if I could see/feel the bulge, or when I called the company to ask why it suddenly stop working they said they had a problem with heat treat on a group of barrels and the barrel had probably bulged. Too many years ago. The second one was junk and never ran worth a damn. I was able to get my money back, which, from what I understand, makes me a very lucky guy. It was a hoot when in ran. Good luck.

igotreason

this may a repeated question and new to both the forum and new to the SWD game. I am on the wait list for the Max-31c however been looking for a 22 upper for the M11-nine and can't find anything in stock. is there an online company that sells them and in stock?

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
this may a repeated question and new to both the forum and new to the SWD game. I am on the wait list for the Max-31c however been looking for a 22 upper for the M11-nine and can't find anything in stock. is there an online company that sells them and in stock?

Sorry but that ship has sailed. Lage has said that they no longer will produce a .22lr kit. Your only chance to buy one would be the secondary market. There are a couple of people working on .22lr kits, but none have come to market.

Scott

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
When you get that extractor right I would suggest making 100 of them and stick em in a drawer. You'll have people discovering this thread till the end of time.

Last edited:

ecestu

Test fitting in my upper was a bit inconclusive. I am going to revise the design a bit and make a second version. For those in my PMs inquiring about it, I will send one of each when they are ready to test out and provide feedback.
Lee

View attachment 36949

If you still need a tester, I have the M11 subcal upper that runs pretty good that I could test your product on.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Does anyone know what recoil and extractor spring this kit used? Thanks.
Lee

standard recoil spring cut to length of the rod I believe and a 10/22 spring. I have it written down somewhere and will confirm later

ecestu

Lee

View attachment 36949
Did this project come to a screeching halt?

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Totally forgot about this and rediscovered my flemming upper in the gun room yesterday....It ran once....

Deerhurst

Totally forgot about this and rediscovered my flemming upper in the gun room yesterday....It ran once....
M10 Fleming?

I very much want a 22 upper for the M10 and don't want to pay the stupid prices people want for them.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter