M10/22

Maniac11/9

I still think the ar57 upper would be cool. They would work in tenko too
Don’t those uppers eject through the ar15 magwell? I wonder if it would work with the Tenko? Where would the brass go?

Deerhurst

Don’t those uppers eject through the ar15 magwell? I wonder if it would work with the Tenko? Where would the brass go?
I see no way it wouldn't work. Tenko still has a magwell for the AR mag. Hollow out a mag to stuff in there to catch the brass!

Slowmo

That's awesome. Never seen a conversion like that for an Uzi. Looks like you have to "point" rather than "aim" since the sights are obstructed.

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
It might be worth trying the aluminum bottom plate. I noticed that the lexan bottom plates flex a little and seemed to bind up the drum a little depending how they fit. The aluminum bottom plates were the key to mine running reliably. I mainly run Blazer. I’ve also been running some federal bulk 36gr hp that I got from Walmart 8 years ago. If I had to run mini mags, it wouldn’t be worth it!
I've got the aluminum bottom plate and bulk federal was what I was trying to run it off off (amongst other ammo as well) I might have been able to get three rounds off once but I'm not sure. I know it did two a couple times. Its that bad though. For the most part I was getting a successful chambering about 20% of the time. I have a single shot Husqvarna that would well out perform it in rate of fire.

Maniac11/9

I've got the aluminum bottom plate and bulk federal was what I was trying to run it off off (amongst other ammo as well) I might have been able to get three rounds off once but I'm not sure. I know it did two a couple times. Its that bad though. For the most part I was getting a successful chambering about 20% of the time. I have a single shot Husqvarna that would well out perform it in rate of fire.
Man…sorry to hear that! I wonder if something is going on with your feed block. I know Val was using federal lightnings when he tested. I tried some federal bulk 40gr solid round nose that seemed to have specs that were pretty close to the lightnings. Are you running a 165rd drum or the bigger ones?

mwarnick1

The Federal automatch which is currently available (locally anyway) has been running really well in my gun.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
The Federal automatch which is currently available (locally anyway) has been running really well in my gun.

My personal experience with post VIRUS AutoMatch is they’re trash. Extremely under powered.

They’re so weak they won’t even cycle in my Lage 22 kit with or without a can and they won’t cycle a few semi autos rifles too.

mwarnick1

It’s strange how different opinions on 22 ammo can be. It’s hard to believe but maybe different batches are inconsistent?

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Man…sorry to hear that! I wonder if something is going on with your feed block. I know Val was using federal lightnings when he tested. I tried some federal bulk 40gr solid round nose that seemed to have specs that were pretty close to the lightnings. Are you running a 165rd drum or the bigger ones?
Thanks for the help and sympathy. I really need to get it out of the safe and try it out again rather than just gripe about it. I am using the 220 round drums. I have two and have tried them both. I have tried Remington golden bullets and federal bulk. I haven't tried stingers. My experience is that if your .22 won't eat stingers then it is a lost cause. Figured if that is what it takes though then it isn't worth shooting .22 because the point is cheap ammo. Val recommended CCI mini mags but during the time I was working with it there was little ammo at all to be found as this was about two or three years ago.

LawBob

I suggest buying quality ammo, never the least expensive.

Cci mini mags are the standard. Every major company makes comparable. REM golden bullet used to be cheapo, but a few years ago they changed the formula and it’s decent now.

I just don’t do cheap on this.

Maniac11/9

Thanks for the help and sympathy. I really need to get it out of the safe and try it out again rather than just gripe about it. I am using the 220 round drums. I have two and have tried them both. I have tried Remington golden bullets and federal bulk. I haven't tried stingers. My experience is that if your .22 won't eat stingers then it is a lost cause. Figured if that is what it takes though then it isn't worth shooting .22 because the point is cheap ammo. Val recommended CCI mini mags but during the time I was working with it there was little ammo at all to be found as this was about two or three years ago.
You would think that expensive .22 ammo wouldn’t be necessary for a semi-auto. I try to use round nose ammo in mine. I remember Val told me to stick with Federal, Aguila, and CCI. Were you winding 2.5 turns plus 1 for each layer? I just bought a new barrel and had issues the first time I tried it. I didn't mess with it because it was snowing and I was time limited. Just went back to my old barrel (breech definitely a little looser). I hope to test out the new barrel a little more next time and see what happens.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter