Looks like the ammo shortage is about over

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
https://www.bulkammo.com/handgun/bulk-9mm-ammo

Just looking and the fact so much is in stock and some of the 'bulk' options have a pretty large volume available tells me we're about done with this shortage and hording.

On the other hand, prices suck - still about 50 cents a round, but now shipping is higher and most states are collecting taxes on internet sales.

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Yeah, prices are still through the roof. It will be officially over when we can buy primers again.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Remington primers are now showing up on gunbroker for 10 cents each.

That’s a sign that the Vista Outdoor purchase and CCI management is working and adding Remington back to the supply after at least a year of minimal or no production.

glockman

Seeing WWB and Blazer at Academy in stock at 0.37 per round, bit that is still too high. Need to let the stores get way more than they can store to see the price go down where we want it to be. Online still seeing 0.50 per round which is unfortunate to see, as it is not as scarce as it was, as said earlier.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Seeing WWB and Blazer at Academy in stock at 0.37 per round, bit that is still too high. Need to let the stores get way more than they can store to see the price go down where we want it to be. Online still seeing 0.50 per round which is unfortunate to see, as it is not as scarce as it was, as said earlier.

Agree 100%.
But Wednesday I stopped by my nearest Academy and saw 200-rd boxes of WWB 115gr for 36 cents per round. 4 box limit. I bought 4.

Texted a friend and told him it's his for what I paid and he gladly took it. Was almost giddy.

Guys here are more savvy about this but many are new and find 36 cents per round acceptable.

I'm hoping it will drop to ~20 cents each. In the meantime, my Dillon 750 feeds my needs.

glockman

Agree 100%.
But Wednesday I stopped by my nearest Academy and saw 200-rd boxes of WWB 115gr for 36 cents per round. 4 box limit. I bought 4.

Texted a friend and told him it's his for what I paid and he gladly took it. Was almost giddy.

Guys here are more savvy about this but many are new and find 36 cents per round acceptable.

I'm hoping it will drop to ~20 cents each. In the meantime, my Dillon 750 feeds my needs.

Copy that. Guys I work with are cool with 0.36/pr. Their comparison is "that was what I was paying at the range before the shortage started...."
$0.20/pr is my threshold to start to restock the supply. My ups/Fed Ex man will hate me again as it dives lower hopefully.
Wish I had a reloading setup with a good stock of components.

timkel

I'll buy when steel cased 9mm drops below $0.15/rd

deanq

Prices will take a while to come down still. Everyone raised their prices. Including the manufacturers. The Distributors and the Retailers all paid higher prices for any stock they have. They aren't going to lower prices until they recoup what they spent on current inventory.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
I wonder if we will ever see brass 9mm under 20cents a round again?

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I got my blazer 147gr for 16.5 c each. Them were the days. That was 2019, the end of the Trump administration, and it was still winding down from the Obama days. Took 3 years to get that low, and it may not go back. I think .2 would be good with all the inflation, but I bet it takes at least a year or two of no major political mess.

rentprop1

Prices will take a while to come down still. Everyone raised their prices. Including the manufacturers. The Distributors and the Retailers all paid higher prices for any stock they have. They aren't going to lower prices until they recoup what they spent on current inventory.

BINGO...had a customer in today returning to Aklaska bought just about every round of 45acp I had said he could get triple for what we were asking for it up there, too bad AK airlines would only let him fly with 50 lbs of ammo

slimshady

The higher prices are part of the reason more is available. I stocked up before the insanity hit and haven't bought a single round of ammo in probably 2 years now, although a few specials on reloading components have managed to make me part with some cash. If prices were back to what they were and cases of that ammo were available, I'd be stocking up again. So would a lot of people. You can only afford to buy so much ammo at $1 per shot, so when the demand by people willing to pay that is satisfied, stocks start to come back because the folks who won't pay over 50 cents for it aren't buying either. As stocks build up prices will fall, if nothing else to get some inventory moving so the retailers can get some cash flowing. As prices drop, more folks start buying and at some point you reach the spot where prices and demand will match production and the prices level out. Hopefully that's somewhere near what I can afford to pay!

Or as we saw when Trump won and people quit worrying about bans, demand falls considerably and all the excess production leads to extremely low prices. Or as we saw when the riots across the country got everyone, even non-gun owners, arming up demand suddenly increased beyond production capability and prices shot up.

Anybody got a crystal ball? Or a Delorean and a flux capacitor?

OldBesty

Looks like ammo prices will be going back up for many commonly used calibers given the new sanctions on Russian ammo (significant amounts of 9mm and .223 were coming from Russia)

Donaldbiogs

seo продвижение и раскрутка сайта

Быстрый вывод сайтов в топ поиска. Уникальные технологии по продвижению сайтов с выводом в топ поисковиков https://bit.ly/3B1VFSV

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter