How many empty 9mm cases....

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Sorry, can't tell you about 9mm BUT I once bought 2 5-gallon buckets of .223 from a guy. I used a postal meter, counted 200 cartridges and weighed that, then on a bathroom scale weighed myself holding a bucket, determined the weight of the bucket with brass and without and determined each bucket filled to the top could hold almost 50 pounds of .223 brass = ~3,600 cases.

Best I can do.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks. By the time I'm done we shall find out. I'm just trying to estimate primers and projectiles.

It did take my a while to visually check every single one today. I found about 20 of those stepped FM cases. I really wish those Freedom Munitions people had not brought that junk to the market.

LGustin

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Supporter,
They hold about 9K. I know a guy that has a few in his garage.

llamasabound

UZI Talk Life Member
Every now and again I still find those with range brass. It’s been years since they sold them to the best of my knowledge.

rentprop1

we used to sell a lot of brass, we would weigh the first 100 and then estimate, and always toss in an extra 2-3 handfulls just to not fall short...Ive never weighed a 5 gal bucket, but I was figuring a lot less, and the last time we sold it by the bucket, I probably lost my ass

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
My count for a white Walmart bucket filled within 1 inch from the top to allow a bucket lid to fit was 8084 cases.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter