HK91 / G3 22LR Mags and loader. A teazer of whats to (hopefully) come market.

mwarnick1

What vintage were the Thunderbolts?

Old TBs were terrible

TBs from right before their bankruptcy are fabulous. They run better and stronger than anything I’ve ever shot in MGs. My FA HK kits even hate stingers but love TBs

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
What vintage were the Thunderbolts?

Old TBs were terrible

TBs from right before their bankruptcy are fabulous. They run better and stronger than anything I’ve ever shot in MGs. My FA HK kits even hate stingers but love TBs

They’re from 6/2019 (I actually dated the top of the box.
It’s funny they run great in my M11/9 with Lages sub-cal kit and they run really good in my HK91 but they didn’t like his HK, maybe it has to do with his HK kit and or spring setup.
At the end of the day they’re 22s and what works for someone else might not work for me and vice versa.

Appreciate the input.
Still got a lot of testing to do.

mwarnick1

You hit the nail on the head about 22s and every one seems to be different :)

booger hooker

The thought of these mags coming to production hopefully in the future sounds great as I'm looking for a HK/PTR 91 right now...hard part is finding the factory HK .22lr conversion. :(

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
The thought of these mags coming to production hopefully in the future sounds great as I'm looking for a HK/PTR 91 right now...hard part is finding the factory HK .22lr conversion. :(

I’ve personally seen a few kits from dealers online (Keep looking).
They used to be $500ish but the last kits I’ve seen for sell are around $750. Frankly, for what you’re getting and the amount of work that HK put into their 22 kits, it worth every bit of $800. Some kits will only come with one factory Hk mag which sucks because they’re hard to find and extremely expensive, if you can even find one. Hopefully, Mak91 mags will solve that issue, give you more capacity and the ability to use a lightnin grip loader is a game changer.
It appears that Hk made a lot and I mean a lot of the G3 kits (they work in an HK91 too). The semi kits for the HK91 are rarer and the HK93 kits is even harder to find with lastly the HK Mp5 Kit.

You could always try funbroker too but I would just keep looking or ask if anyone has one for sale online.

booger hooker

Thanks KickStand! So I take it that the G3 conversion is the only one that is full-auto rated that can be used for the 91 series? I'll start checking around a lot harder now for a kit.

MG34_Dan

I’ve personally seen a few kits from dealers online (Keep looking).
They used to be $500ish but the last kits I’ve seen for sell are around $750. Frankly, for what you’re getting and the amount of work that HK put into their 22 kits, it worth every bit of $800. Some kits will only come with one factory Hk mag which sucks because they’re hard to find and extremely expensive, if you can even find one. Hopefully, Mak91 mags will solve that issue, give you more capacity and the ability to use a lightnin grip loader is a game changer.
It appears that Hk made a lot and I mean a lot of the G3 kits (they work in an HK91 too). The semi kits for the HK91 are rarer and the HK93 kits is even harder to find with lastly the HK Mp5 Kit.
You could always try funbroker too but I would just keep looking or ask if anyone has one for sale online.

Back in '84, at the old LA County Gun Show, I bought an HK 91A3 for $800 along with a NIB HK G3/91 .22lr conversion kit for $75. I thought I paid too much for each. But I bit my lip and laid out the cash. The .22lr kit worked just fine in the 91. Now forward to '87, I traded the 91A3 for a RRPP Fleming G3A3. That was the first machine gun I ever bought. I paid $700 plus the 91A3 for G3A3. The .22lr kit worked just fine in the G3 even when running full auto. I still have both the G3 and the .22lr kit, but I haven't shot either in ten years. This thread had pushed me to shooting them together again.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks KickStand! So I take it that the G3 conversion is the only one that is full-auto rated that can be used for the 91 series? I'll start checking around a lot harder now for a kit.

Yes, you’re correct. The G3 is full auto capable but will also work in a semi HK91.

Back in '84, at the old LA County Gun Show, I bought an HK 91A3 for $800 along with a NIB HK G3/91 .22lr conversion kit for $75. I thought I paid too much for each. But I bit my lip and laid out the cash. The .22lr kit worked just fine in the 91. Now forward to '87, I traded the 91A3 for a RRPP Fleming G3A3. That was the first machine gun I ever bought. I paid $700 plus the 91A3 for G3A3. The .22lr kit worked just fine in the G3 even when running full auto. I still have both the G3 and the .22lr kit, but I haven't shot either in ten years. This thread had pushed me to shooting them together again.

Some times I joke that I wish I was born 21 years earlier.

Man that’s really good to hear. I hope you’ll be able to try some of Mak91’s mags one day. You might like your 22 kit even more.

ig720

I have shot all three setups (91, 93, 94) and they run flawless. I hope Richard creates larger mags.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I was able to test MAK91's Full-length mags today. There's two mag designs featured in the video, a two-piece, and a four-piece design. The Full-Length mags are currently holding 30 or 31 rounds and will likely end up being able to hold 33 or (maybe) 35 rounds. Ammo used in this test was Rem Thunderbolts.

The first test with full-length mags is below,

Direct 1080P Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5489xTNPVQs

Sebastian

Guys this is looking better and better.

Are the mags finished yet or are you all still working on them?
Any idea of a release date?

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Guys this is looking better and better.

Are the mags finished yet or are you all still working on them?
Any idea of a release date?

Still making some small adjustments, like making the mags height adjustable in in the mag well for better feeding in all guns.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter