GSL Phoenix-Gemtech MK-9k Mount question

Remo Williams 1

So I picked up my Mini Uzi after 14 months in NFA jail and have a GSL Phoenix on the way. The Phoenix comes standard with a 3 lug mount. I also got the Uzi mount. The Uzi mount is ridiculously long and looks stupid. I tried to win 2 of the 3 lug barrels on Gunbroker, but stopped bidding south of $2000.

Any ideas on where to find an original Uzi mount for this can? I do understand that the barrel needs to be shortened. Or option two, should I send my only barrel out to get 3 lugged and who would do it?

cajun 22

UZI Talk Life Member
I don't see how it's longer than three lug

XSfD5r1.jpg

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Yeah, that new mount is gaudy....designed for people that don't want to cut down their barrel. The old Gemtech Mossad was like that too. I never got that can since it was too long for my tastes as well.
The old mount is something that Dater would do for us.
Maybe hit him up directly if he still has some of those. PM me if you need his email.

UZI-Suppressor-1024x775.png

MiniUZI-1024x546.jpg

cajun 22

UZI Talk Life Member
You are right Remo, that mount fits over the full size smg barrel that sticks out a few inches on the full size. Ugly. Gemtech cut the barrels, for the full size and mini, for me when I bought the mount. Just like amphibian's barrel.

Slowmo

I'm currently getting my Uzi converted to SMG spec, but once I get it back, I was planning just to shorten and 3-lug an SMG barrel.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
How’d you go about finding a short Uzi mount?
I sold it to him. I was able the get the remaining inventory from Gemtech (only a few). I have one listed with a barrel on GB right now. After that sells, I don't think I will sell what I have left. I may clone it at some point though.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter