Gemtech viper 9 info wanted

Brockak47

I was at my LGS and they happened to have a super cheap new Gemtech Viper 9 on clearance ($250). Anyway I ended up buying it and can’t find much info on the web about them aside from they are great mac cans. I plan to use it in my M11/9 mainly but I was also wondering if it was possible to use it on an ar15 in 9mm? I could not find any adapters or anything. I understand GSL makes an updated model, do they use a newer baffle stack, if so has anyone had theirs recored?

As always thanks for the info
Brock

Last edited:

root

UZI Talk Supporter
They are only a look like two stage not a true two stage can.
Made of aluminum.
SealedAlso discontinued if i remeber correct.

I only looked at them briefly when i was buying a OEM SIONICS can.

250 is a good deal they were close to 700 before NFA tax in 2010 when i scored my NIB SIONICS..

As far as using it on other 9mm hosts i don't see a problem other then finding mounts for it so long as you stick with pistol cal.
And avoid 22lr

Brockak47

They are only a look like two stage not a true two stage can.
Made of aluminum.
SealedAlso discontinued if i remeber correct.

I only looked at them briefly when i was buying a OEM SIONICS can.

250 is a good deal they were close to 700 before NFA tax in 2010 when i scored my NIB SIONICS..

As far as using it on other 9mm hosts i don't see a problem other then finding mounts for it so long as you stick with pistol cal.
And avoid 22lr

Thanks for the response, I had wondered if it was sealed or not. I didn't handle it when I bought it as I paid over the phone. Will a standard 1/2x28 to mac thread adapter be sufficient https://www.ftfindustries.com/product/12-28ad.html? I know it's got some sort of locking collar which is why I'm unsure. I don't plan to run any rimfire in it as I've got a dead air mask in the pipes. Just thinking I could run it on a 9mm AR since I don't think ill have my M11 in hands for at least another 6 months

root

UZI Talk Supporter
The adapter should be ok just remeber the more stuff between the can and barrel the better chance of bad things happening like a baffle strike. Make sure everything is tight and concentric.

You can also get a 1911 bushing for a 9mm or 38 super but you will need to cycle the slide by hand since their is no booster.

I have one for my 1911's I have a 45 SIONICS can though.
There is also a UZI adapter for the standard 9mm SIONICS can not sure about the viper. If it's the same corse threads then they are out there.

But ya on a straight blow back like the ar9 or evo your can will work and cycle fine.

Renegade

UZI Talk Supporter, , Semper Vigilo
Never had a problem jailbreaking any of my GemTech Cans - Mossad, Blackside, MK-9K, Raptor, etc.

Member13

for the price of 250 would be a good buy unless it is completely destroyed inside

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
I was at a shoot last weekend and stopped at the GSL booth. I was interested until realizing I couldn’t keep my forward grip if using their mount.

Guess I‘ll stick with the 3-lug/Octane9 for now.

I‘m wanting to retire the octane to pistol with booster use, and get a dedicated smg can. The birdcage in the octane gets carbon buildup and it’s not fun to clean if you want to use the piston/booster on a pistol.

IMG_1112.jpg

The locking collar takes up real estate my grip needs. Not shooting suppressed all the time so I‘d want the grip more than this collar.
IMG_1113.jpg

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter