Gauging Interest in Tungsten Slow Fire Bolts

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
We are very pleased to announce that we (Practical Solutions) have begun communications with the same company that Tom Wright aka Vegas SMG used to manufacture the CF-W Tungsten slow fire bolts. We have sent them drawings and we have obtained pricing to manufacture a run of Tungsten bolts nearly identical to the CF-W9mmA bolts. These are the shorter bolts that will work in the A1/.380 guns as well as the M11/NINE 9mm’s. It has been almost 2 years since the last run of bolts were made and the cost of tungsten has continued to climb. They will be no more than $950.00 each plus shipping and may be a little less depending upon the number of people committed to purchasing a bolt. We will need a minimum of 25 people to get a run started and a 50% non-refundable deposit will be required. If you are interested please email Tina at: tina@macmachineguns.com and we’ll put you on the list. If/when we get the minimum, we will contact you for payment of deposit and we’ll get the bolts started. We would anticipate the lead time to be 3-4 months until the bolts are ready for delivery.

Link to CF-W Bolts: https://macmachineguns.com/?product=cf-w-9mm-slow-fire-bolt-for-the-m11a1-380

Last edited:

Pharmerjohnson

Can this be used to fire .380 through a M11 .380 gun? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Next dumb question. Can this be used in Lage uppers?

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
I have two Vegas SMG (RIP Tom) bolts and they are THE BEST accessory that you can put into an M11/9 or M11 gun. They totally change the gun and the shooting experience. They aren't cheap but they are well worth the price. I highly suggest that if you don't already have one that you get on the list and start saving your pennies.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
I just gotta ask.

Whats with the non refundable dep. ?

I'm kinda in but this part seems odd...perhaps you could clarify.
Maybe I missed something obvious...it is Friday....

gun.bro

It’s 50% down payment with 50% due when ready.

LawBob

I just gotta ask.

Whats with the non refundable dep. ?

I'm kinda in but this part seems odd...perhaps you could clarify.
Maybe I missed something obvious...it is Friday....
I’m gonna go out on a limb:

She means that if you sign up, you’re gonna have to pay 1/2 if they go forward, and they won’t submit the order unless they have the requisite deposits (save she may order some as spec).

If they don’t order at all that would be bc she didn’t get the minimum. she’ll give that back if so. But she’ll get firm commitments first, collect deposits, make the order.

She doesn’t mean pay 1/2 and if they say screw it -never mind -non refundable.

See the difference?

LawBob

Ok.

She says non refundable deposit.

You need to assume that she means if you give your deposit and she orders based upon your sincere desire to order it bc you put down a deposit, and you back out, it’s non refundable. She’s gonna have to market a product for 995 that you now aren’t gonna buy and she’s stuck with the inventory.

As opposed to:

You and 24 others put down 50% deposits and she decides NOT to order - and you’re screwed bc she’s just is there to rip you off.

That’s not what she intends. I assure you. They are good people.

Sam(Tina) and richard(Jackie) don’t work that way.

I’ve literally sent them money before the product was released so it ships as designated.

But that’s just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

I’d get this bolt but I already have one.

CKxx

Can these be dropped into an otherwise-stock M11? I want to continue to run 380, but slower.

10mmlover

So the big question for the m11/9 owners, what rate of fire can I expect with this? On their site they say that a full length CFW bolt can get 660rpm in the m11/9. This is a shorter bolt right? So their site mentions 1000rpm for that. So will this one in an m11/9 get 1000rpm? ie. Not worth it for m11/9?

boomer535

So the big question for the m11/9 owners, what rate of fire can I expect with this? On their site they say that a full length CFW bolt can get 660rpm in the m11/9. This is a shorter bolt right? So their site mentions 1000rpm for that. So will this one in an m11/9 get 1000rpm? ie. Not worth it for m11/9?
It is a shorter bolt but that means it has a longer stroke. They say 700 RPM in M11/9.

Homer

I might be wrong but I think the last run was 75 bolts. If they’re only hoping to get 25 this time kind of sounds like the market is drying up. I’m sure they’re aware of how many people say they will buy something and then actually do.

Garrett

So the big question for the m11/9 owners, what rate of fire can I expect with this?
So I bought one from PS in the the previous batch. Right now I’m getting 690 RPM with Win 9mm NATO and 660 RPM with my 115 gr. reloads.

But that’s after tinkering with springs for a bit. As received, the spring was so long it would fully compress and go solid before the bolt bottomed out on the buffer. This is hard on the spring and on the receiver back plate. I think I posted about it here on Uzitalk and the comment was made that the springs are shipped a little long so people could trim in order to tune them. That’s ok, but that info should be included with the bolt.

I initially added 1/2” extra buffer so the bolt would bottom out on that rather than on the fully compressed spring. Set up like this I was getting 740 RPM.

I ended up slowly trimming the spring back to around 80 or 90 coils to get what I have now.

VegasSMG had posted a lot of good info on tuning the springs to get the ROF and the smooth feel. It might take some digging to find. That might be some good info for the kids to pin at the top of the board.

Garrett

@MACsAlot, some constructive feedback: the CFW9mmA bolts appear to be made to the same spec as the original .380 bolt. This includes the dimension of the breech face.

Since the .380 has a slightly smaller head diameter than the 9x19, the breech face is also of a smaller diameter.

This generally works fine with both cartridges, but I have run into instances where the case head of the 9mm would not fit onto the breech face. The same cartridges fired just fine with a 9mm spec bolt. Maybe my bolt is on the tight end of the tolerance range, and the ammo was on the wide end. Either way, it was not compatible.

You should consider machining the breech face like that of a 9mm bolt, as the slightly larger face diameter would still work fine for those who want to run .380 with their bolt.

LawBob

Can these be dropped into an otherwise-stock M11? I want to continue to run 380, but slower.
Iirc
The v2 will work in an m11 m11/nine or m11a1 (diff spring and guide rod for the nine)

They should fire either 380 or 9 (with the correct barrel and springs).

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
Can this be used to fire .380 through a M11 .380 gun? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Next dumb question. Can this be used in Lage uppers?
The intent of the "A" bolts was to be able to reiably and controlably shoot 9mm in large mag well .380 guns. Many user have been able to tune their bolts to shoot .380, as well. I would recommend doing a search on the old threads that go over the usablility of the CF-W bolts in all the M11/9 and A1/380 configurations. There is tons of info on this site.

Yes, these can be used in Lage uppers, however, Tom had explained to us that it didn't make a noticable difference in the 31 series uppers. But I am not the one to answer questions about using the CF-W bolts in Lage products. Hopefully someone else can pipe up and answer your questions better.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter